Muse's new single official Olympics Song

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source

Muse have announced that their new single "Survival" will be the official single of the London 2012 Olympic Games. It will receive its world debut on BBC Radio 1 at 7:30pm.

The band's next studio album "The 2nd Law" will be released in September. "Survival" will be available to purchase on muse.mu and iTunes after it's premiere tonight.

Faith in humanity = restored.

Just heard the new single. Yeah, it sounded like they were building up to something that never happened. Fantastic sound musically as always...but it was definitely needing that extra push that Muse songs usually have.

I should really comment on the new muse stuff since I am one of those old muse fans:

Madness - Only listened to it a few times now, not really getting into it, very slow song to get into, don't hate it but average at best.

Unsustainable - DEM STRINGS, DAT BUILD-UP, WHICH LEADS TO.......dub-step. Not against bands using dub-step but it sounds too generic for me, the needle dropz sums up the song pretty much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4OumIpl-Q

Survival - It's probably the best out of the singles so far, don't like the Elton John cheesy piano bit near the start but this is Muse putting out there epic best.

Pretty worried about 2nd Law now, I was worried about Bloc Party's new album a few months ago but that album blew my expectations. I don't think Muse are going to do that, might be even more forgettable than The Resistance, that's a worrying sign. :\

I'm kinda worried about it too. Have to hand it to them though, they really aren't playing safe with their albums.

Craziest thing about the new one is Chris is taking lead vocals on 2 of the songs. Is it even gonna sound like Muse without Matt's voice?

If it's anything like Resistance I won't love the album on first spin but live it will be exceptional. I have more hope for liking this one than Resistance though i think.

Back