MTV Looks to Cast Anime Fans for True Life Episode

Is out of here

Great Teacher
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... fe-episode

The MTV cable channel's True Life documentary series has announced a casting call for an upcoming "True Life: I'm a Fanboy" episode that will profile fans of anime, manga, comics, and fantasy novels. Cosplaying and overnight lining before movie premieres or book releases will be among the examples of fan activities the documentary plans to look at, while issues to be highlighted include fandom interfering with work or school, and being misunderstood by parents and significant others. Potential participants (both male and female) who would like to appear on the show must be between the ages of 16 and 28 and are asked to submit an application, along with their name, e-mail address, phone, and a recent photo to [email protected].

Should be a good laugh.

Maybe my hand will get it's 15 minutes of fame back. (My hand was on the news a few years ago. Not my face, or my body... my hand. The camera that was filming my class for this news report just cut me off, so you only saw my hands)

Nah, I'm a bit too shy to be on a TV show... apart from the hand thing.
Don't mean to sound vein or anything, but my hands looked lovely on that news report. 8)

Kezwick_Osaka said:
Maybe my hand will get it's 15 minutes of fame back. (My hand was on the news a few years ago. Not my face, or my body... my hand. The camera that was filming my class for this news report just cut me off, so you only saw my hands)

Don't mean to sound vein or anything, but my hands looked lovely on that news report. 8)

I think i saw that segment and you actually did have lovely hands.

eggybob said:
Kezwick_Osaka said:

I think i saw that segment and you actually did have lovely hands.
That little local news thing about how the Dare scheme is helping soon-to-be drug addicts everywhere from about 7 years ago? Yes, my hands looked simply divine for a 9 year-old's. :wink:

RetroRainbow said:
They so will, since they're really the dregs. Most of them, anyway. They'll pick someone who'll represent anime in a completely negative way, and their story will be taken to extremes, like someone who's say, ostracized for it. I've a feeling there'll be a Final Fantasy fan, too. And a Harry Potter one.
And, oddly enough, the HP Train will not be detered by this, oh, Anime and Final Fantasy (and more than likely Dragon Quest) will be sent back YEARS in the fandom but HP will stay strong regardless of who wanted it.

Back