3. LEGEND OF ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS (DS) - 224,000
4. MADDEN NFL 08 (PS2) - 205,000
5. SKATE (360) - 175,000
6. MADDEN NFL 08 (360) - 173,000
7. METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION (WII) - 167,000
8. BIOSHOCK (360) - 150,000
9. BRAIN AGE 2 (DS) - 141,000
10. HEAVENLY SWORD (PS3) - 139,000

I knew it'd be no.1, but wow, 3.05 million more copies sold than the no.2 top selling game, thats something

Oooo, that's a much bigger margin than I was expecting. Haven't got a 360 but getting a top of the range PC built in December. Halo 3 will most definately be on my shopping list then. XD

Looks like the 360 is dominating the game market at the moment, we'll have to see what happens at Christmas. The new PS3 is outselling the 360 at the moment, they just haven't got the big name games out yet. That will change i the near future however.

As far as I know, the 360 is currently selling more than any other console in America. The Nintendo DS has once again hit the top in Japan after falling behind slightly. Also, the owner of Famitsu is claiming that the majority of Wii owners don't even play their consoles much, even though everyone's buying it.

Nemphtis said:
Also, the owner of Famitsu is claiming that the majority of Wii owners don't even play their consoles much, even though everyone's buying it.
That's so true. I own a Wii but I only really play it when I have mates round for some multi-fun. Otherwise I'm only on the PS3, i've seen it happen at friends houses too. Need to get some better single player games out there.
I didn't used to be much of a console man myself like. PC games were always my thing. That mite be the case too when December comes. Nice! ^^

I also own a wii. I would play it alot more but there just arent many good games out at the moment. Cant wait for the new super smash brothers, thats going to be immense.
I was thinking about buying a PS3, but is it really worth it? do they have any good titles coming out?

just wait till SSBB, I'd buy a WII just to play that game, and being a uni theres a gamers society, one week and the next week we had a SSBM tournament (I came second :p), its awsome when you got about 27 people playing it (4 at a time)

Roadie said:
just wait till SSBB, I'd buy a WII just to play that game, and being a uni theres a gamers society, one week and the next week we had a SSBM tournament (I came second :p), its awsome when you got about 27 people playing it (4 at a time)

Second... thats pathetic >.<Played>.<
Id love to play in a proper match type game tho

Taylor said:
Roadie said:

Second... thats pathetic

Well actually, I say "Well Done" to Roadie for coming second.... no mean feat from 27 gamers in a gaming society! And Roadie - you have the chance to pit yourself against 27 other gamers? Sounds fun! :)

Back on topic > Out of interest; are these game-selling stats exclusively pertaining to console gaming, or is the PC taken into account? It's just I'm surprised there's no mention of the PC... but then I guess the volume of PC games is minute compared with the amount sold for consoles, right? :?

minister3333 said:
Taylor said:
Roadie said:

Second... thats pathetic

Well actually, I say "Well Done" to Roadie for coming second.... no mean feat from 27 gamers in a gaming society! And Roadie - you have the chance to pit yourself against 27 other gamers? Sounds fun! :)

Back on topic > Out of interest; are these game-selling stats exclusively pertaining to console gaming, or is the PC taken into account? It's just I'm surprised there's no mention of the PC... but then I guess the volume of PC games is minute compared with the amount sold for consoles, right? :?

I imagine this is just for console gaming, PC is in a division of its own.

minister3333 said:
Taylor said:
Roadie said:

Second... thats pathetic

Well actually, I say "Well Done" to Roadie for coming second.... no mean feat from 27 gamers in a gaming society!

Was being sarcastic :p second is amazingly well done, kind of interested at what character you were playing :D

Shiek ftw! although not having a down+B move is kinda crap, I mean zelda sucks tbh :)
This was only a tournament of 27 people from uni, so theres no pros in there or anything, its not an amazing feet.... but I got a free bottle of wine so hats off to me

Are you a wave dashing tourney fag, who calls someone a scrub when they win?

oh & you pick Shiek because she's the easiest to wave dash with?

whats wave dash? and I don't brag about winning, be it a close game or a complete stomp, I just don't see the point. If you got skills for kills then you don't need to brag. And I don't brood on a loss either.

Roadie said:
Are you a wave dashing tourney fag, who calls someone a scrub when they win?

oh & you pick Shiek because she's the easiest to wave dash with?

whats wave dash? and I don't brag about winning, be it a close game or a complete stomp, I just don't see the point. If you got skills for kills then you don't need to brag. And I don't brood on a loss either.

Wave dash is a fault in SSBM when you tap L + R whilst jump you go down quick & don't get hit it's like going invincible.

Whatever i didn't say you did i asked so it's fair enough.

in response to the original post - I'm not surprised at Halo 3 but I didn't expect Play to be number 2! also I read that there are those who have their wiis but don't play them - I find that quite strange as I play on my wii regularly and think that although they're might not be a huge range of killer titles there are some fun 1 player games - for me its my favourite of the current gen consoles but 360 is great too - as it has a different sort of library to the wii

Back