Most anticipated September UK release?

Your most anticipated September UK release?

• Samurai Champloo #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Millennium Actress

• Planetes #1-2

• Paranoia Agent #2

• The Cat Returns

• Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

• Full Metal Alchemist #2

• Texhnolyze #2

• Peacemaker #1

• Other (feel free to elaborate below)

• Total voters

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
I think we all know how this thread goes by now, but September is fairly nightmarish for this poll thanks to the 'Great Fire' and the resultant MVM delays, which sadly means that most of the titles due this month will be stuck in the 'other' category.

Anyway, assuming everything goes to plan, this month sees an extra large number of releases to make up for last month, including continuing volumes of FMA (third time it's on this poll), Gungrave, Haibane Renmei, Texhnloyze, Tsukihime Lunar Legend, Aquarian Age, Chrono Crusade, Gad Guard, Get Backers, Mezzo DSA, Paranoia Agent, Chobits and Trigun. Amidst all this, we have the final volume of Stratos 4, a few new series in the form of Peacemaker, Planetes and the much anticipated Samurai Champloo, not mention Mobile Suit Gundam: F91, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Millennium Actress, Robotech, Appleseed, Spriggan: Special Edition, Nausicaa and The Cat Returns.

And I might as well stick it here, but there have already been yet more delays- MVM's 5th September releases are now due on the 12th, whilst Millennium Actress and Robotech have been pushed back to the 26th. Project A-KO is supposed to be out this coming month too, but the only place it seems to be listed is amazon, with a release date of October 3rd.

Anyway, personally I'll be voting for the capacious 'other' category, as I'm still patiently looking forward to Haibane Renmei vol 3, along with Texhnloyze, Chrono Crusade, FMA, Paranoia Agent and Champloo.

Hmmm , ROD The TV #3 I guess seeing as its the only UK release im following in September.

My most anticipated release overall is either Madlax #4 or Burst Angel #3 on R1 though.

The Cat Returns is the only interesting release, but as I already have it, I won't be buying it. It might be worth contemplating for my daughter's birthday, as she's a "Baron" fan too :D

a difficult choice indeed, what with not one but two releases from Ghibli and Satashi Kon. Paranoia Agent #2 could well be the one i'm looking forward to most, mainly because i've seen Nausicaa and Millennium Actress already (i'm definitely going to pick up MI at some point this month though). of course i can't ait for Haibane Renmei #3 but that goes without saying! ;)

I am looking forward to Paranoia Agent Vol. 2, Fullmetal Alchemist and Chrono Crusade Vol. 4. Most of all tho I can't wait for Getbackers Vol.5 which I have been very tempted to get on R1 but decided to wait instead...

For me it's either Nausicaa or Millenium Actress, with PlanetES coming a close third. I'm probably most looking out for Nausicaa because I'm yet to see it and well, it's from Miyazaki!

This should be a great month.

I have S.A.C. 2nd Gig (Vol. 1) on pre-order, should be out on the 20th. Also got volume 1 of Cowboy Bebop Remix on order too. Can't wait to watch 2nd Gig in English.

Edit: Oh UK release, nothing then...

Whilst I am looking forward to catching up with Texhnolyze and Paranoia Agent, this month it's all about one title for me, that title being Samurai Champloo.

What can I say? I have a soft soft for sword swishing psychos, Geisha girls and of course shows directed by Shinichiro Watanabe ;), I can't wait.

It has to be Samurai Champloo for me. As with lots of other people i've been patiently waiting for the release of Fullmetal Alchemist volume 2, but for some reason i'm so much more excited about Champloo, maybe i'm just looking forward to seeing Jin in action :lol: :D

Charter_Mage said:
It has to be Samurai Champloo for me. As with lots of other people i've been patiently waiting for the release of Fullmetal Alchemist volume 2, but for some reason i'm so much more excited about Champloo, maybe i'm just looking forward to seeing Jin in action :lol: :D

If you haven't seen Champloo yet, you won't be disapointed! From the first episode, Jin, who quickly became my favourite character, has some spectacular fights. I hope MVM use the cover art that the USA has, it's some of the best packaging i've ever seen.

I'm not sure what to go for, there's too much coming out this month to pick favourites. Despite the temptation to add another vote for Samurai Champloo, Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, Gungrave, FMA, Paranoia Agent or Chrono Crusade, I'll pick Char's Counterattack, which I haven't seen for a few years. I'm looking forward to revisiting it.

This month i must say that Samurai Champloo has gotten my interest. As from what people on here have said i am gonna go to get it as soon as i can. Nausicaa of the vally of the wind has also got my interest as a goof friend of mine said it was good so i want to check it out to see if they where right.

Back