More Manga at Waterstones, Gateshead Metrocentre

McCloud

Hikikomori
Hi, just letting everyone know we've re-expanded our Manga section and have recently received alot of new titles in. Feel free to call in and browse, if there is something in particular you want ordered just let me know and i'll do my best to get hold of manga that is in print and available for yourselves. Jo :D

Paradox295 said:
Buuuutt.. Manga in Waterstones is usually twice as much as Amazon/The Book Depository etc..

QFT.

Could you see Waterstones doing more offers on manga or something in the near future?

Godot said:
Paradox295 said:
Buuuutt.. Manga in Waterstones is usually twice as much as Amazon/The Book Depository etc..

QFT.

Could you see Waterstones doing more offers on manga or something in the near future?

Hopefully someone up high will decide to do another 342 offer which is a really popular deal. If i here anything will post :D

Kirrimir said:
Is this across the board in all Waterstones or only in that gateshead store?

Each store is different, I just want to have a really good range of Manga so that people enjoy coming into store to browse :)

McCloud said:
Paradox295 said:

What you need to do is look out for the 342 deals as they are really good,
But, buying 3 manga's from each retailer..
Waterstones = £6.99 x 2 = £13.89
Amazon = £3.99 x 3 = £11.97

Amazon still works out cheaper, unfortunately...

Paradox295 said:
McCloud said:
Paradox295 said:

What you need to do is look out for the 342 deals as they are really good,
But, buying 3 manga's from each retailer..
Waterstones = £6.99 x 2 = £13.89
Amazon = £3.99 x 3 = £11.97

Amazon still works out cheaper, unfortunately...

You can't pick up all manga's priced with RRP of £6.99 for £3.99 at Amazon though. Also if it older book it could still have an RRP of £5.99, if you referring to Viz price rises.

Another 3 4 2 at Waterstones would be awesome! I love them and sometimes it does work out more then amazon prices.

Plus I get points!!! Wootage...

kippy666 said:
Another 3 4 2 at Waterstones would be awesome! I love them and sometimes it does work out more then amazon prices.

They're having one now. And.. points? I'm intrigued :p

Paradox295 said:
kippy666 said:

One's on now? I was in a Waterstones a last Thursday and they weren't having one then. Strange I'll have another look on the weekend.
The points?! I was referring to points on the Waterstones card you can get in store. You know how it works, every time you buy something they put points on the card and points can be spend as money. It makes buying manga in store a little meaningful.

Paradox295 said:
You can get a fidelity card from them which gives you points for each purchase. You can exchange these points for more of their wares.

GregLied said:
Awesome, yesterday I purchased my first Manga title, Bleach vol 1, for 7 quid.
My apologies, bleach is great and all, but 7 quid is a bit of a rip off... it usualy goes for under 5 in most outlets - web or otherwise.

chaos said:
GregLied said:
My apologies, bleach is great and all, but 7 quid is a bit of a rip off... it usualy goes for under 5 in most outlets - web or otherwise.
mostly around the £4 mark, but I have never seen manga for less than £5 offline

Paradox295 said:
chaos said:
GregLied said:
My local waterstones used to have bleach at 4.99, that's why I said 5 or less.
online is usually cheaper. Anyway, if you liked bleach, I'm selling the fist 21 volumes boxset. Check my sale thread
http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=12419

chaos said:
Paradox295 said:
chaos said:
GregLied said:
My local waterstones used to have bleach at 4.99, that's why I said 5 or less.
online is usually cheaper. Anyway, if you liked bleach, I'm selling the fist 21 volumes boxset. Check my sale thread
http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=12419
Now all the £4.99 marks are covered up by that awful sticker :lol:

Back