More Ghibli anime on Film4; Whisper of the Heart

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Our forum user Jetsam has let us know that Film4 will continue their dedication to Studio Ghibli anime by airing Whisper of the Heart (Dubbed) on Monday, 16th October at 5:05pm - 7:15pm. It's also worth mentioning that the Astro Boy TV series (presumably the post 2000 version) is also airing on Saturday mornings on BBC2, very early at 7.10am - 7.30am.

Cool! Will have to set the old DVD recorder!

Also spotted these (God bless you www.radiotimes.com and your 14 day listings!)

SATURDAY 21 OCTOBER

Ju-On: The Grudge

11:50pm - 1:35am

Film4

SUNDAY 22 OCTOBER

Whisper of the Heart (Sub)

4:50pm - 7:00pm

Film4

I watched Whisper of the Heart just recently - I loved it. It's not your typical Studio Ghibli film, being the reason I bought it, but give it a chance. I was surprised.

I missed the last 20 minutes when my parents came to watch emerdale -.- what was the ending?

Though i like how they edited the still life photos like the antiques into the film it was hard to tell if it was animation or not.

Also it was a bit funny in places :)

Ark said:
It's the only Ghibli film that I think has any real depth to it.
How so? Princess Mononoke has lots of depth to it when you view it in the context of a story of how Japan began to urbanise and encroach on the wilderness. The same goes for Pom Poko, which is set in a more modern pretext but is similar in that particular respect. Only Yesterday also has a fair amount of depth to it. Sure there is a lot of fluffy stuff in many Ghibli films but there is also more serious stuff beneath the surface of many.

Gawyn said:
Ark said:
It's the only Ghibli film that I think has any real depth to it.
How so? Princess Mononoke has lots of depth to it when you view it in the context of a story of how Japan began to urbanise and encroach on the wilderness. The same goes for Pom Poko, which is set in a more modern pretext but is similar in that particular respect. Only Yesterday also has a fair amount of depth to it. Sure there is a lot of fluffy stuff in many Ghibli films but there is also more serious stuff beneath the surface of many.

I don't take anti-industrialisationists seriously unless they're living in the middle of the wilderness fending for themselves.

I think Ark meant character depth. I suppose any Ghibli film has depth in some way or other.

But I do love that film. LEaves you feeling all fuzzy inside.

I liked all Ghibli movies thus far, Whispers of the Heart just wasn't going anywhere for me.

Yeah, Pom Poko is sort of not very well recieved, you either like it or don't, I thought it was ok.

Just to let you lot know whisper of the heart will be repeat on film4 on sunday 4:50pm .

Just incase you wanna rewatch or you missed it 8)

Back