More Death Note Information

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Death Note will never truly be over, JUMP shows just don't die!!!

Death Note TV Special to be Three-Hour Director's Cut
The upcoming Death Note special broadcast, which was announced during the last episode of the animated suspense television series, will be a three-hour Death Note Director's Cut: Compete Ending Edition special that airs at 8:03 p.m. on August 31 on Japan's NTV. It will mainly be a compilation of the confrontations between the vigilante Light and the detective L, re-edited from the perspective of Light's Shinigami (God of Death) Ryuk. All-new dialogue and soundtrack will be recorded, and scenes will have additional animation that could not be included in the original series.
Taken From ANN

So this means that we are going to have a 'alternate' ending, or a re-animation of the last chapter, plus a review of the show. Its making me think of 'Death and Rebirth'. :shock:

Not too sure what too make of this, one disappointment for me is that a new soundtrack will be made, i hope its up to the standard of most of the other tracks. Kyrie II being a personal favourite. :D

Thanks Jayme for letting us know.

I have mixed feelings about this. Personally, I really liked the ending of the animated series. Why can't they just leave a good thing alone? I think seeing another 'version' could ruin the effect of the original. But still, I'm in favour of more L...

M.G xx

Canada's YTV to Premiere Death Note Anime in September
The Canadian website Zannen reports that the media company Corus has confirmed YTV channel's premiere of Death Note on Friday, September 7 at 10:00 p.m. The anime series, based on the popular supernatural suspense manga, will appear in YTV's Bionix late-night programming block. YTV will also schedule Naruto episodes during The Zone afternoon programming block. Naruto has aired in Bionix and in a May 2007 trial run in The Zone.
Taken From ANN

VIZ has finally got a channel to buy the rights to it then, more hope for the US and to a lesser extent the UK to get it on our television screens.

I am the almighty Death Note information giver person. xD

Also, i don't know why i do this due to the fact that all of you are perfectly capable of going onto AnimeNewsNetwork yourself and finding out yourselves.
We have a nicer community, maybe. . .:D

Meh I was going to report that yesterday, but then I was like, "Why would people in UK Care that it's airing in Canada?", so ya. I'll watch it to see how it is, as, afterall, I live in Canada.

Primus said:
Meh I was going to report that yesterday, but then I was like, "Why would people in UK Care that it's airing in Canada?", so ya. I'll watch it to see how it is, as, afterall, I live in Canada.

Yeah, thats the same reason, i wasn't going to. A pointless post on my behalf. xD.

Its still interesting that Canada got it before America, And i think will should get it on our TV screens at some point in the future, due to this recent Bleach news and all.

Jayme said:
Its still interesting that Canada got it before America, And i think will should get it on our TV screens at some point in the future, due to this recent Bleach news and all.

Well I don't find it that interesting that YTV has got it before it was given a US Channel, especially considering that YTV originally planned to air Naruto before the US, but oddly had to air it a week after the US, and aired Bleach, a week or almost 2 weeks ahead of the US.

However if there is one series that can be broadcast in the UK should be Death Note, because the series has such broad appeal.

Back