Monster

Sy

Time-Traveller
I'm interested in seeing this series but at 74 episodes does the story stay interesting enough so by the end you've felt like it was worth it? What's the animation like? What other series/movies live action or anime would you compare this to?

Basically, would you recommend it?

I've only seen up to about ep 60+ (not finished being subbed yet) and have to say it's really good. The animation is great and the story is always interesting. Don't know what else I can compare it too but i would definitely recommend it.

Monster has to be one of my favourite anime of all time, likewise with the manga. It's an adult drama with some supernatural elements that never strays from the realistic, building a cast of fantastic personalities. The plot is dynamic; even those few episodes not building up the main plot are superb. In my opinion, Monster is a masterpiece, a series well worth watching for anyone despite its length. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Monster to someone who does not watch anime, and challenge them not to enjoy it.

Well that's enough for me. :D

What would you guys say the best subbing group for the series is? I see four groups subbing it. :X

I've seen the Soldats' sub version for it and have seen it as far as ep 25 or so. I was unsure about how they'd keep the viewer's interest for this long but so far I've been hooked.

It's a very unusual series though - no supernatural or sci-fi elements: it's a dark, compelling psychological thriller that is very much grounded in reality (in other words, it could make an adaptation to live-action effortlessly). The animation is by Madhouse too, so it looks great as well as having a fantastic story.

I personally think it's a superb series - interesting characters, good soundtrack and a plot that's both unusual and gripping. Possibly my fave unlicenced series so far - well worth watching!

Amazingly, the last five episodes of MONSTER were released late last night. I've been waiting for this since early December and am sitting here now, literally willing the downloads to go faster. Awesome.

Monster is one anime you can;t miss i totally watched all the eps and it is a anime page turner. On the word go. Even though it had a slow start but i picks up the pace leading to one thing to other. I cried during the last 5 eps. :cry: . An anime that you can call a masterpiece, Let alone going to be spawned a live action movie. I can't wait. O yeah i just ordered the first manga Volume of Monster since it was so great. 10/10 one which is worthy if there it was liscened i'll would buy the whole set. ^^

I just watched the final few episodes(69 - 74). Episodes 69 through 73 were fantastic but i'm unsure about the final episode. I dunno, it just didn't sit right with me. Maybe upon a second watch i'll enjoy it more.

What were everybody's thoughts on the final episode?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I just watched the final few episodes(69 - 74). Episodes 69 through 73 were fantastic but i'm unsure about the final episode. I dunno, it just didn't sit right with me. Maybe upon a second watch i'll enjoy it more.

What were everybody's thoughts on the final episode?

Don't watch it at 5am in the morning, alone in the dark :lol: . After seeing the last scene with Johan I was paranoid about going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back