Miyazaki designs giant clock for future generations

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to Ghibli World, Hayao Miyazaki has designed a giant copper clock (10 meters high and 18 meters wide) for the NTV tower at Shiodome, Tokyo. The production of the clock is due to be completed by mid-July and you can catch a glimpse of Miyazaki's design by <a href="http://www.ghibli.jp/10info/000389.html#more">clicking here</a>.

When asked why he decided to undertake such a project, Miyazaki is quoted as saying "As time passes, the characters of the animation will be forgotten. Therefore I want to make something that will be loved by future generations as well."

Nah, it looks awesome! A very 'fairytale'-looking piece, with quite a noticeable Howl's influence. I'd be interested to see it when it's all in place!

ConcreteBadger said:
Nah, it looks awesome! A very 'fairytale'-looking piece, with quite a noticeable Howl's influence. I'd be interested to see it when it's all in place!

Yeah i totally agree that will be awesome once they start and finish it! ^^

The clock looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see how it will turn out when painted and produced to scale. It will certainly make an impression!

that is such a typical Miyazaki design!!!! its gonna be great!! the kind of thing you can look at for the hundredth time and still see something new on it!!

i want one!!!! (oviously not so uber huge)

Fabulous. Miyazaki continuing to try and turn the Tokyo skyline into Disneyland. Or maybe that should be Miyazakiland. In fact, why has nobody ever thought of that before? Surely they've got enough characters by now!

Back