Missed first episodes

egg

Hikikomori
So from the new channel that started last night I only saw Bleach and Escaflowne, I really wanted to see Ghost in the Shell and possibly Fullmetal Alchemist but I got tired and presumed that its 1 ep a week. But its not.

Can I get away with missing the first ep of those 2 shows.

In general, you can probably get away with missing the first episode of any show. Anyway, most anime have a recap of the previous episode anyway.

Eh, I would think it's the other way around! GitS is mostly episodic, and the Laughing Man arc is not established until around ep 7. Missing the first two eps of FMA is a bit more serious, though!

I wanted to see SAC. I've already seen Bleach and FMA. Unfortunately SKY are being annoyingly slow and keep pushing the installation date back :(
But then again the 1st gig boxset is £25 so yeah for that price I'll just buy the boxset.

well i would say tht you could miss fma 1st episode jus because they recap it later all you gotta know is they r trying to stop a guy called cornello.

Fiend Kraken III said:
Surely if episodes are once a week then the rest of the week is repeats?

Can someone clarify that after tonight?

New episodes every day, not ever week. Not even an anime channel would show 21 repeats of a single episode a week.

Daily eps is a bad plan for the channel, considering most anime popular in the west isn't episodic, and no-one will be able to watch the channel daily.

You will if you record it. It's just finding the time to watch each one before you build up episodes. I used to do it daily when SCI-FI aired Excel Saga, Gasaraki, Eva, Bubblegum Crises, Nadesico etc.

But I agree it would probably be more accessible for a two episode a week format or something.

It's true that the series might run out of episodes, but chances are that they will either repeat the series once more before putting on a new show (i.e. start showing Gundam Seed or Wolf's Rain) or they will put on the new show straight after one of the shows end. I'm just wondering how much they show of Bleach before they have to repeat the series while we wait for new episodes.

TBH, you can miss out well over half of FMA episodes and still get the plot, although I wouldn't recommend that, it was a pain to piece everything together -.-

GitSSAC, you can miss out the first episode and be fine, as it's standalone (it is quite cool, however).

Back