Mirrormask

Ramadahl

Hunter
I'm not a big fan of live action movies - too often they seem cliched, or when they do seem interesting it feels like they're cut short or rushed. So it was quite a pleasant surprise at the society screening of Mirrormask.
I only went along in the first place because Neil Gaiman was involved in it...

The basic story isn't especially original, but it's done very well. Think Alice in Wonderland except in Neil Gaiman style, very surreal with some quirky humour. (We could do what rich people do! We could bathe in... in... fish!).
A little thing that I liked about it was that it didn't save the fact that it was a dream for a "surprise" ending - everyone knows that one already...

So, even though you know how the story ends, it's still fun to watch the journey, and see all the bizarre things along the way - it's certainly very imaginative.

Anyone else seen this?

Visually it's a very nice film, story wise i thought it wasn't great and a bit kiddy but i still liked the film. Odd thought that i didn't really like the story when i'm quite fond of Gaimen.

Bought it as a boxset with Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. Gaimen doesn't warrant interest for me, so I preferred the others myself. Still quite a cool film as it's so different to other stuff.

Back