minor info regarding a new season of FMP

OMFGLOL

Student Council President
Okay if you are like and jump at any info regarding a new season of FMP, then i was on a forum i go on and someone posted there saying this:

'by the way in case anyones intrested, i Emailed Kyoto Animation about a FMP New anime a few days ago and got a response today. They said they haven't got any news yet but if people mailed them with intrest it would take a step in the right direction. they also said the reason why they haven't done another is they are busy with more popular anime.'

if anyone knows Kyo Ani's email, please get in touch with them so they know a new season is wanted, i will do the same. I know this will probaly equate to a 100% fail in the end, but a new season of FMP is badly needed.

EDIT: here is the address: [email protected]

I wouldn't worry really, a new series of fmp is definitely in the works. Just be patient. Kyo-ani's only a small studio after all.

When they say more popular, they mean the cash cows that fans will forget in a few years. Might as well make the quick money first. Hopefully this means FMP is going to get the works. I predict they'll be working on it when their next Key game adaptation is airing, which will probably air after the Haruhi Suzumiya remake (or sequel, or whatever the hell it is).

To be honest, I'd rather see them work on more popular franchises - make their fortunes and expand, so in time we'll see more come out of them, just not in the short term.

Given that it's had three seasons and has a sizable fanbase, I'm certain we'll see more FMP in a year or two.

I'll just keep patiently waiting...

melonpan said:
To be honest, I'd rather see them work on more popular franchises - make their fortunes and expand, so in time we'll see more come out of them, just not in the short term.
From what I've seen, that seems to be their plan.

RetroRainbow said:
I think they're just throwing out the Clannad and Lucky Star things in quick succession so that they won't be forgotten about.
Being honest, I can't see something like Clannad being talked about two years down the line as much is it's being talked about now, but over the internet people are still buzzing over Haruhi. Lucky Star? As much as I enjoyed it when it first aired, having look at it again made me think somewhat differently. I know how crazily popular it is in Japan right now, but that'll pass in time.
That, and CLANNAD wasn't great.
RetroRainbow said:
In regards to FMP, it's possible that KyoAni know that there are loyal fans out there who've waited for this for more then a few years, and that it's popularity won't wane, like Clannad, for example.
This is yet another reason FMP is so good. It has one of the most loyal fanbases that doesn't get all fanboyish about it, unlike other anime fanbases...

*cough* Evangelion! *cough*

RetroRainbow said:
I think they're just throwing out the Clannad and Lucky Star things in quick succession so that they won't be forgotten about.
Or maybe because things like L*S and the Key game adaptations are actually more popular in Japan than FMP?

Ramadahl said:
RetroRainbow said:
Or maybe because things like L*S and the Key game adaptations are actually more popular in Japan than FMP?

I'm not sure actually, the likes of Kanon is more popular than FMP i think, but on the note of the novels, i believe they have quite a big fanbase, don't quote me on that one though, i'd need to check. FMP! is quite hugely popular though, its just that they don't go about like fans of other series do, and overly fanboy/girlish.
News of a new series would be good, sure getting more popular stuff out there to earn that extra bit of profit is nice, but in all honesty, i can actually make do with just the novels of haruhi for instance at the moment. I mean, we've waited much longer for FMP than haruhi.

Ramadahl said:
RetroRainbow said:
I wouldn't say so. Like Arb said, the fans of those types of anime are just a lot more vocal.

@ Arbalest & Maxon
Well, I know that fans of the shows other than FMP are more vocal online on english language sites, but I don't know the actual relative status in Japan.

Also, isn't the fact that those fans are more vocal somewhat due to the fact that they've had a few new recent releases to get excited about, whereas there hasn't been new animated FMP material since... mid '06? These things tend to die down after a while.

Maxon said:
Ramadahl said:
RetroRainbow said:
I wouldn't say so. Like Arb said, the fans of those types of anime are just a lot more vocal.

I'm sure I read on Wiki that Haruhi was the most popular show KyoAni have made to date - it would explain why they decided to continue it before FMP.

It also enforces my reasoning that quality should never be considered synonomous to popularity :p

Wildcard said:
Maxon said:
Ramadahl said:
RetroRainbow said:
It also enforces my reasoning that quality should never be considered synonomous to popularity :p
Damn right. Now try telling that to Evangelion fans. ;)
Ramadahl said:
@ Arbalest & Maxon
Well, I know that fans of the shows other than FMP are more vocal online on english language sites, but I don't know the actual relative status in Japan.

Also, isn't the fact that those fans are more vocal somewhat due to the fact that they've had a few new recent releases to get excited about, whereas there hasn't been new animated FMP material since... mid '06? These things tend to die down after a while.
Yeah you're right.

I just know I'll be bouncing around everywhere when I get news of a new season.

OMFGLOL said:
same here, I just hope kyo ani don't forget about it.

I don't think they will, i mean KyoAni and Shouji Gatou(FMP novel author) have a good working relationship apparently so the chances are it'll be done. I guess in a way its handy its being let for a while, since the next novel is going to be the last, so if that gets done the series can be finished. But we'll wait and see.

unless the novel will be bigger compared to the others, as i am not sure everything will be able to be wrapped up if it was the size of the other novels.

Back