Midlands MCM Expo, Feb 24th 2007

boyinastairwell

Completely Average High School Student
Spotted this over in the Neo forums (sorry if it's old news for some people!)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd October 2006

MCM Expo Expands - Expo is going REGIONAL!

After 5 years of establishing London MCM Expo as the Number One show for the South East of England we are now rolling out its hugely successful format regionally.

While London will remain the focal event the regional shows will give everyone a chance to experience a little of the Expo magic.

MCM Expo will be coming to the Midlands Feb 24th 2007.

The NEW show ‘Midlands MCM Expo’ will be a one day format bringing a great day out to a new market. Located at the Telford International Centre, easy access from the M5, M6, & M54 with Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Coventry all within 60 minutes travel, Telford Central rail station is only 3 minutes away by bus or cab.

With special activities, guests, merchandise, Anime, Movies and Kids Go Free the Midlands MCM Expo will be 'The Place to be Seen' for Central England!

have you got any more info on it like time exact place how much it costs to get in and such like that would be very much appreciated.

Berserker said:
I could travel to Birmingham, but how would I get to Telford from there, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
You need to change trains from Birmingham New Street station. Theres a direct train to Telford from New Street and the station which you get off in Teldford is called "Telford Central", then you will have to walk abit to get to the center.

If anyone needs help finding their way to Telford or want to meet up in Birmingham New street before making our way to Telford together then I'm happy to help, but just don't execpt me to know the directions and everything about Telford because I haven't been there yet. If you want to meet up, then let me know ASAP so I can do some arrangements.

reno1 said:
have you got any more info on it like time exact place how much it costs to get in and such like that would be very much appreciated.

The place will be in Telford center and I'm not sure how much it will cost but I'm guessing the same as the London Expo.

Berserker said:
I think it was about seven or eight pound, I can't remember :?
It was £7 for standard entry for an adult ticket
£3 for standard entry for children aged 11-15
FREE for anyone aged 10 and under
and £10 for fast entry tickets which allows you to enter about 1-2 hours earlier then opening time, but I'm not sure if they will do fast track tickets at the Midlands Expo.

Berserker said:
@ Strawberry If you are definitely going I will meet you
yes, I'm defintiely going with a few friends and your welcome to come with us.

Since there are no direct trains to Telford and the only stations that actaully takes you there are Birmingham and Wolverhampton. The meeting place will definitely be Birmingham New Street Station in between Whistle Shop and Millie's Cookies. I will post more information about the meeting time and other stuff when I have more info about the event.

Okay, if anyone esle wants to come with me to the Midlands Expo is always welcome, but please let me know so I can contact you if there are any change of plans or anything else.

EDIT; Also if anyone needs a hotel then also let me know so I can help you find a hotel, but I cannot granutee I can find one up to your standard.

Strawberry said:
Berserker said:
I think it was about seven or eight pound, I can't remember :?

cool i look about 14 so ill get in cheap ^_^ also do you no what time it opens and closes?

reno1 said:
Strawberry said:
cool i look about 14 so ill get in cheap ^_^ also do you no what time it opens and closes?

I don't know, but the London Expo opens at 9am-6pm on the Saturday and 10am-5pm on the Sunday, but 11am is the standard entry time for £7 adult or £3 Children tickets so I'm guessing it will be approximately the same time as the London one, but I'm not entirely sure.

yay............

i went to the london 1 in october of this year. im glad to now find that there is one closer to me. i had to come all the way from nottingham. it was a nightmare and way expensive :( . so i will hopefully be there at this one. :p

can i order tickets online or can i just buy them at the expo on the day?

Cool! This is practically on my doorstep. =D And on the doorstep to the anime club I co-run, this could be an outing.

Wolves does a train to Telford? That's even shorter then. >_> <_< It's literally 15-25 minutes' walking time, heheh. Keep the info coming!

Hi ive never posted on this site before and just by luck found it while searching up on the event.

I will be attending and me and some friends will be cosplaying for the event. I was just wondering if anyone else is cosplaying? and if so as who?.

I live in Telford and am really happy that they have chose us :D.

I’m rather looking forward to this. Seeing as I'm new to the whole scene I've never been to such a convention before. So can anyone tell me what I can expect to see there?

I'm planning on going with a friend who is keen on the idea of the cosplay thing. She's never been to a con either and isn't particularly a huge fan of anime or manga but she is intent on entering into the spirit of things.

The problem is she thinks I should cosplay too! To be quite honest I’m not really up for it but, and it’s a big but, you never know, I might back down. After all it’s not like anyone would know who I am or recognise me anyway.

I take it all costumes are lovingly and painstakingly homemade affairs?

Okay, if anyone esle wants to come with me to the Midlands Expo is always welcome, but please let me know so I can contact you if there are any change of plans or anything else.

Can i come? sounds interesting enough, just dont kidnap me :p just kidding

Back