Micro Machines V4

where's my cow?

School Idol
After a quick scan, I didn't find anything said about this yet. I just wanted to warn you guys who may have enjoyed the brilliant V3 to be very catious if you're considering getting this (personally I'd say avoid it all together, but maybe rent it to make your own mind up about it)

It just hasn't got the charm of V3 and somehow (to me, at least) they've managed to make graphics and gameplay WORSE than the PS1 game... I'm also finding some of the early races pretty difficult and extremly unenjoyable (maybe I'm just bad, but I wasn't too shabby at V3)

My biggest disappointment with it though is how all the power ups are conventional weapons now (missles, machine guns, lasers etc, with the exception of the hammer) and instead of wiping someone out with one hit, the cars have health bars, and if you're car gets in the red you start to slow down (usually for half a lap until you find some health...)

Although to be fair I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I'm not optimistic about that either. It's a shame, because the previous games were so much fun. There's a game out there you could probably pick up on the cheap preowned now called Mashed which plays pretty much the same and is more fun.

Well, that's my rant over. What does anyone else think?

I've heard this installment wasn't up to the usual high standards set-out by previous games.

I thought it might have been like the Sensible Soccer 2006 release and put at budget price but, on the high street leastways, its full price.

Back