Michael Bay's "TRANSFORMERS"(See First Post for Ov

Primus

Dandy Guy, in Space
MOVIE OVERVIEW:

Transformers07.jpg

It's here, Michael Bay's TRANSFORMERS, starring; Shia Labeouf, Meghan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Peter Cullen, Tyrese Gibson, Hugo Weaving, and many more. TRANSFORMERS is the story of Sam(Often Nicknamed Spike) Witwicky, who receives his very first automobile at the age of 16, but instead of getting just a car he gets a automonous robot, of the name Bumblebee, but this gigantic robot disguised as a Camaro isn't alone, no infact there is a whole planet of these automonous robots, however this planet is entangled in a century old war, between the peace loving Autobots, and menacing Decepticons, which has now spread to the planet known as Earth. Now the 16 year old Sam has to decide to save the world with his Autobot, Bumblebee, or watch both perish.

TRANSFORMERS IS EVERY WHERE

So, who is going to see/has seen Yahoo Movies' "Most anticipated movie of the Summer", and MTV's "Best Movie You Haven't Seen Yet". I have, and I loved it.

OVERVIEW OVER

ORIGINAL POST

Originally posted online at IGN as a download only, the new TV spots can be found here.

This is Michael Bay's Transformers Movie first 2 TV Spots. The first one intitled "Destiny" has been seen rampantly on Television, the second one, intitled "Hidden" has had less exposure.

Anyways, now we see some mindblowing work by ILM. And despite the casting of Hugo Weaving as Megatron, my faith in this movie has been some what restored. Even if the The Bots and Cons look like bugs.

Onto the Video game, as some of you may know, Activision has secured the rights for the official adaptation of the movie onto Video game form. There is 3 Developers developing the game, Traveler's Tale(PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PC), Savage Entertainment(PSP), and Vicarious Visions(DS) for a release in early June if store listings are correct. Recently Activision made the game's site go live, it can be found here. Where videos, and screen shots(Some from last gen consoles and this gen consoles) can be found. Oddly enough, despite Hugo Weaving being casted in the Movie as Megatron, former Megatron Voice Actor, Frank Welker will take the role. However we aren't sure if Frank Welker's Megatron will be the only one in the game.

Enjoy hopefully some new knowledge, and discuss! Remeber check back at www.transformersmovie.com for other information.

Ooh, thanks for the links, Primus. Really liked that bit with Starscream in the second spot. Still cautiously optimistic for this, but as the release grows nearer, the anticipation meter is slowly being overridden by the Transformers fan within.

Andy said:
Ooh, thanks for the links, Primus. Really liked that bit with Starscream in the second spot. Still cautiously optimistic for this, but as the release grows nearer, the anticipation meter is slowly being overridden by the Transformers fan within.

I agree, Starscream rocks, I really can't wait to see this movie, the anticipation is killing me

I agree with McIcy, bring back the classics. Although I do think the film looks awsome, but nothing beats the good old generation 1-2-(was there a third?) until it just got weird in the headmasters or something, my knowledge is a little fuzzy so I'm not 100% sure what I'm talking about. All other forms of transformers suck, beast, primal, cyberton, its just out of control.

Headmasters, Target masters etc are only poor because of the incredibly poor dubbing they have been given for the English versions!

Well the fact that it was dubbed in Hong Kong doesn't help, as that country isn't known for their excellence in the English language. Heck if I recall correctly Blaster was often called "Billy" in the dub.

Yeah! Oh My God! That had me in so many stitches that i can't take the eng dub seriously! Also stuff like Scourge's voice cracks me up! Tis good, in the pathetic sense!

ok, I think I got it wrong a little, like I said I wasn't 100% what I was talking about, I have not seen the headmasters and such and confused it for something else.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tr ... _TV_series
Clicking on the link will show the transformers tv series, generation 1 and 2 were great, anything further down the list in my opinion was poor. I always saw transformers as great big robots that could transform into cars and such that at first glance you wouldn't see them for a robot, whereas the new transformers you could spot them for miles in these stupidly bright, flashly and usually really big truck/car/tank-ish thingys, I hope the movie reverts back to the original transformers that actually look like what they're supposed to.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH7D7Y0cttY
Shows Bumblebee in car and no one knew he was a transformer, thats exactly the image I think Transformers should go for, and the plane swinging the bridge looks sweet :)

Roadie said:
Shows Bumblebee in car and no one knew he was a transformer, thats exactly the image I think Transformers should go for, and the plane swinging the bridge looks sweet :)

I agree that this is the angle that Transformers should go for this angle as they HAVE done, it's in the name "Robots in disguise"

Coincidentily the Transformers ROD series was pretty sweet! Not as G1 or G2 but still good!

All the Decepticons look strange, weres Starscreams traditional red blue & white Stylings & Megatron looks like he rolled out of a scrap yard

Oh please lord Have the classic voices for all them, starscreams voice rocked.

Its cool how some of the old characters are Back like Bublebee & Jazz [wonder if they changed Jazz's car to a Honda Jazz :lol: ]

i Don't care what anyone says, i still like the look of Prime!
Has everyone seen the prime-speaks trailer? Tis good!

This is the latest TV Spot from Last Night's American Idol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVJ06ixj19Q

Undoubtly the best TV Spot yet, the score was awesome, not to mention Star Scream's back flip transformation. Also don't forget 2 New Trailers will be out soon, one exclusively with Shrek The Third, and the other with Pirates 3 and other movies.

The new trailer is awesome, getting to see them actually transform is brilliant, I love the idea that one of them is stuck on earth in a used car lot until he is woken up.

So many good scenes I hope they aren't all the best bits

one thing i am happy about is the fact that they kept the original transforming sound effect intact.....awsomeness.
this film looks better than spidey 3. (i hope it is)

He may be fat as Jabba, but damn, this Starscream can move. It's amazing how much better these designs look in motion than in still images... I should probably stop watching these trailers, every time a new one comes out my Want-O-Meter jumps up another notch or four.

Back