Men's bags - hilarious... or disturbing?

Yea if i see anyone walking around with one in england i will be forced to laugh.

May offend people!removeds!

No matter how you look at it,it's still a hand bag -.-

Omg if I saw a guy wearing one of those on the streets or at a club I dont know wht the hell id do. Shake his hand for being brave enough to wear it or punch him for wearing it :lol:

Pomtry said:
Omg if I saw a guy wearing one of those on the streets or at a club I dont know wht the hell id do. Shake his hand for being brave enough to wear it or punch him for wearing it :lol:
I'd go with the punch. Seriously, metrosexuality is such a fad. You're either gay or straight. You can't be both.

X_nick_X said:
In a time were women were women and men were fags

You could really offend someone by saying things like that in that context y'know, you should be careful.

I figure, if guys wanna wear bags, why stop them? It stops the annoying bulgy pocket thing.

Its been done in Friends with Joeys Man Bag, although it does look rediculous, whats wrong with a good old backpack

*Sigh* Granted, I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those bags, but that's because I hate the style.
To hate it because it may be a little "feminine" or "gay" in perspective is slightly homophobic. Ok, they're not actually gay, but some of you seem suspicious to me with some of the reaction here. Hysteria is a form of scared laughter, and it seems a few here show some symtoms of it. *Raises eyebrow*

Personally, I wouldn't give a crap what someone else wears. Although those things in fashion shows are questionable in usefulness... So let them wear what they want.
Bleh... Gossip is such a horrid form of speech.

Bonnie-Chan said:
X_nick_X said:

You could really offend someone by saying things like that in that context y'know, you should be careful.

I figure, if guys wanna wear bags, why stop them? It stops the annoying bulgy pocket thing.

Oh sorry i forgot to metion i have a gay friend

"SAFE"

Honestly hand bags are for women and i don't care if your gay straight or metro don't forget we have balls for a reason
:roll:

^ Yeah, to produce sperm. That's technically the reason we have balls.

I wouldn't wear one, they look pretty ugly. :p

Besides, I have a perfectly good backpack and leather portfolio to carry stuff in.

Chaz said:
*Sigh* Granted, I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those bags, but that's because I hate the style.
To hate it because it may be a little "feminine" or "gay" in perspective is slightly homophobic. Ok, they're not actually gay, but some of you seem suspicious to me with some of the reaction here. Hysteria is a form of scared laughter, and it seems a few here show some symtoms of it. *Raises eyebrow*
You can put whatever spin on it you like. The fact of the matter is it looks stupid. If something was macho and stupid, I'd say so. I'm sure most people here would do the same. I don't care about sexuality; that's part of the individual's personality/choice (depending on your beliefs).

I thought the reason why women have handbags is because skirts and dresses don't have pockets like trousers do - if this guy carries too much around with him to fit into his pockets I guess it's practical.

It does look a bit stupid though - if it was made to look more like a bakpack or briefcase it could be less so but otherwise a bloke is always going to look weird carrying a shoulder bag unless he's a student carrying books or something.

Maxon said:
You can put whatever spin on it you like. The fact of the matter is it looks stupid. If something was macho and stupid, I'd say so. I'm sure most people here would do the same. I don't care about sexuality; that's part of the individual's personality/choice (depending on your beliefs).
As long as it's an opinion and not a statement, I don't mind. It just seemed (by wording) that some people were complaining about it like they wanted some protest/ban.
It probably is just a fad, so let it run it's natural cause and let it live or die. This isn't like the swastika that the prince used (since it's history for the Jews makes them horrified) where there's a distinct reason why it's "wrong". It was a misunderstanding on his behalf, but it's that kind of thing to watch for. Not whether a bag looks "girly".

It's only ridiculous because in a round-about way it actually IS macho. Girl's bags rebranded as men's bags in order to make them appealing for men, because they wouldn't dare be seen with a girl's bag. Just like rebranding Diet Coke as 'Coca Cola Zero' works for some men because Diet Coke makes them uncomfortably aroused around sweaty window cleaning types. If a man wants to have a handbag, there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. He just shouldn't pretended that it's a man's handbag.

X_nick_X said:
Honestly hand bags are for women and i don't care if your gay straight or metro don't forget we have balls for a reason
Completely right! Just like how cartoons are only for babies and/or nerdy perverts, and anyone else who may like them is obviously a complete freak and deserves to be ridiculed!

Even though the bags in question are clearly very convenient in the Japanese lifestyle, and some of those guys look seriously cool, it's all blatantly wrong, especially because they somehow have an adverse effect on testicles!

Aaron said:
X_nick_X said:
Completely right! Just like how cartoons are only for babies and/or nerdy perverts, and anyone else who may like them is obviously a complete freak and deserves to be ridiculed!

Even though the bags in question are clearly very convenient in the Japanese lifestyle, and some of those guys look seriously cool, it's all blatantly wrong, especially because they somehow have an adverse effect on testicles!

Causing them to revert to their undescended state?

JAPANZ MUST KNOW THIS NEWS NOW.

Aaron said:
X_nick_X said:

You didn't know? :shock:
Thank me later you could of lost your balls there :!:

X_nick_X said:
Bonnie-Chan said:
X_nick_X said:

Oh sorry i forgot to metion i have a gay friend

"SAFE"

Just because you have a homosexual friend doesn't stop you from offending people.

And by the way, I'de quit while your ahead by trying to act all 'manly', you're just offending people, causing a pointless arguement over handbags and looking like an idiot. Just stop.

Back