Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya "new animation" pics

melonpan

Death Scythe
Newtype Japan has just published some new pictures of the above named series, so feast yourselves on this:

haruhi2.jpg

Canned Dogs said:
The reason why they cancelled 2nd season and started “Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu new animationâ€

well i supose, it's a bit strange having a haruhi series without haruhi in it, if they planed to follow the novels

still, this sounds a little "negima!?"isk to me

Re: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya "new animation"

First Evangelion, now Haruhi, hell yeah, ultimate ploy for money, fans instantly buy it.

Its only because they are not doing the first novel, Instead the fourth. I really don't think they will do another novel with all the marketting and stuff, they've been doing. I like the idea it'll be a actual "new series" instead of a "second season". Nice and Awesome pictures, Their designs like the same, though..

Lupus Inu said:
First Evangelion, now Haruhi, hell yeah, ultimate ploy for money, fans instantly buy it.
Two totally, totally different concepts.

Hmm...the point of disappearance is in fact that its not got haruhi in it most of the time =/ I think if they where to change things from the novels i wouldn't be as willing to take a look, but still, i'll wait and see =/ I'd rather it just kept to Disppearance.

I'd wait and see.. if they do stray from the novels, I wouldn't mind, if they do just try to milk fans, well, then this is a different story.

Jayme said:
Lupus Inu said:
Existential philosophy that's partially cryptic yet convoluted at the same time? They sound pretty much the same to me.

As much as I get annoyed by the fanbase and how overrated the series is, I'll still watch it. However, this is the kind of crap that's holding back the 4th season of Full Metal Panic. Thank you Haruhi fans and creators.

If the milk sells then pull it's tits until milk stops coming out. It might be bad for the cow but the farmer loves it.

How is it milking it? Its based upon novels, and there are a lot of them, so why not animate more? Its not a rehash of any sort. Nothing has changed apart from the fact that NewType has pictures.

However.. If they start churning out filler movies, It'll be milking it. More animated Haruhi was always coming. Nao, What we don't need is that Lucky Star OVA.

Maxon said:
Jayme said:
Lupus Inu said:
Existential philosophy that's partially cryptic yet convoluted at the same time? They sound pretty much the same to me.
Eh? I wasn't talking about the story. Evangelion has been around for a lot longer, Its considered "milking" at this point in time, Even if I still watch it, Whereas Haruhi is still fresh and holds potential for the anime market.

I believe that Sy has very high standards... But I know things he finds ok, I will like and things he says it's good, I will love... It happened before... =)

Maxon's opinion I simply don't let it get to me. I've notice he almost despises things I love, which means his tastes are completely different than mine. Mind I'm not saying it's good or bad taste, just different. (I'm thinking about that argument about paranoia agent, haibane not eing inteligent).

No point saying it's good or it's bad. I find it's more productive to point some facts or some backing for your opinions.

No point in saying it's milking or not, because of time available, quantity of noise created by community, or anything like that. There will be no star wars fans / star trek fan who will say "Oh, I feel like they are milking us"... To be a fan is mainly about passion, so I don't think it matters to fans... Of course, fans can feel betrayed and then, they will think they are being milked, but usually this happens when creators / producers / whoever is responsible, ignore the fans.

Heh, I was only joking with that comment but I guess it's true that i've been getting more picky with what I watch by having less free time. :p Anyway It's been compared to Eva several times but I'm not quite sure why. I even remember somebody posting on here saying 'It's the new Evangelion' or something similar. Did I miss something there?

I watched a few episodes of what I guess I'll call the first series and aside being confused by the episode order I couldn't really place my finger on why people seem to find it so special. It wasn't bad but then again it didn't feel so unique that I've really been interested in continuing with the series.

God, it better not go the Negima?! route, we've been trough too many crap Key shows to get shafted with anything else than the Disspearance of Haruhi Suzumia.

Well from a guy who read the disaperance of suzumiya haruhi the scans from the story looks like its going through the original light novel plot to me. All these scenes look like from the disapearence of haruhi suzumiya. Also its was the disaperance of suzumiya haruhi was set during christmas time so I doubt it will be like Negima!?

what on earth was wrong with "Negima!?" anyway?

I just say this quickly, negima! aka harry potter + love hina = negima, was an anime by Xebec (I hate this animation studio ao much!), that followed its manga but people were left disapointed due to the confusing changing plots compared to the manga and bad animation. Shaft took over the 2nd season giving us a better animated version however shaft wanted to start again and decided not to follow the manga which made us miserable, however recently negima has released a trailer for their 3 ovas which is based on Akumatsu works.

yes but as i said, in comparison to the first series it's much better

i'd rather it not follow the series if all they were going to do is end it the way they did and completly mess up the order of the manga when they did follow it

But yes the 3 OAVs do look like our saviours atm

also from what i hear from arby, Haruhi doesn't get long hair again till a later novel does she?

Ryo Chan said:
yes but as i said, in comparison to the first series it's much better

i'd rather it not follow the series if all they were going to do is end it the way they did and completly mess up the order of the manga when they did follow it

But yes the 3 OAVs do look like our saviours atm

also from what i hear from arby, Haruhi doesn't get long hair again till a later novel does she?

No, i think i mentioned it to ya yesterday(if not, now =p), but the Picture of Haruhi there does match what she looks like in Disappearance, uniform and all. The thing is, i expect that if they are going to go with Disappearance this time round, they will probably aim not to muck up the order, since this part of the series is far better off being left in order. So far it looks like Disappearance, but they say their still discussing things so we need to wait and see.
The only thing that will really need to be included with that whole light novel being animated is the chapter in volume 3 of "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" As it explains a little of how Kyon can deal with a couple bits.

Maxon said:
As much as I get annoyed by the fanbase and how overrated the series is, I'll still watch it. However, this is the kind of crap that's holding back the 4th season of Full Metal Panic. Thank you Haruhi fans and creators.

Couldn't agree more, that's another year to wait before the next FMP I'll wager.

Am I the only one who's actually happy to see this series continued?

I have faith in KyoAni, though. I've enjoyed everything I've seen of theirs to date, so I'm sure they won't let me down this time. (Famous last words, perhaps?)

Back