Medievil 2: Total War

fowler

Brigade Leader
Anyone else got this game?
Looked awesome, I started it today, but it doesn't run smoothly on my computer at all.
Now I'm no expert when it comes to computer specs, but I seem to have all the minimum/recommended specifications (I'll post them and mine later). It's even very laggy on the lowest video settings.
So has anyone else got the same problem, or if it runs smoothly on your computer, please help me achieve the same feat :(

Don't know about the second one, but having similar trouble with the previous games, even ones that my system should ace with ease. generally a very glichy series of games maybe.

Minimum spec basically means the game will load but you won't be able to run it at its full potential, meaning you have to go into the specs menu of the game and lower everything down to the bare minimum.

Whereas the recommended specs listed are there to tell you what the game should be run at, anything above this spec means you can turn on high details

Thats the prob with pc games they are amazing but you need some serious kit to enjoy the larger games, and unfortunately this means upgrading the pc regularly, which is what got me through uni, updating and repairing all my classmates old systems so they can handle the latest editing and gaming software

I've tried it on the very lowest specs of everything but it's still so laggy.
There's an option to have the game set the specs so you would get optimum performance, but even that doesn't work.
I've not even had a "massive" battle yet, as in thousands of soldiers on screen, and it still can't handle it >.<

best idea maybe is to get something like a better graphics card, and RAM. They are usually the ones you need, that and maybe a sound card. i don't know much of what good sound cards there is out there, but a 256mb graphics card shouldn't be too pricy now, though some are a bit. 1Gb RAM can still be pricy depending on the manufacturer, ours cost £90 at the time :? . Mind you it is all about whether or not you have the money to upgrade it.

Post your specs on this thread and we'll let you know if you need an upgrade, another thing to check is the amount of space on your Hard Drive, what programmes you have have running in the back ground and also the back logged temp files.

One thing I use is a programme called Windows Washer, it clears out all your temp files and all the junk that gets accumulated from day to day programmes, really helps windows run.

got it aswell i think the game must be high spec cause my PC is only 2 years old but i can't play and have re-enforcements at the same time

McIcy said:
Post your specs on this thread and we'll let you know if you need an upgrade, another thing to check is the amount of space on your Hard Drive, what programmes you have have running in the back ground and also the back logged temp files.

One thing I use is a programme called Windows Washer, it clears out all your temp files and all the junk that gets accumulated from day to day programmes, really helps windows run.

Ok the main specs for my comp are:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
RADEON 9200
SoundMAX Digital Audio

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (note this is the demo and a site which tells you what you need to play it)

- English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP

- Celeron 1.5GHz Pentium 4® (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD® processor. The processor must support SSE2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2

- 512MB RAM

- 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers

- 700MB of uncompressed free hard disk space

- 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers

- 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers

- DirectX® 9.0c

- 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible*. Nvidia® GeForce 4 Ti 4400 or ATI Radeon® 9800 are the recommended minimum hardware.

- Monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.

Hmmm looks to be the graphics card ? :/

EVerything looks fine with your specs, ok the graphics card isn't top notch but that shouldn't cause too much problems, when did you last update your graphics card (software)?

How bigs your hard drive - space left on it?

I got this game for Xmas but this PC wont even begin to run it, its no where near good enough, got same problem with mark off chaos, taking them both round Valha's later to check them out so i will keep you posted 8)

actually Mark of Chaos isn't too much strain on anyones PC

it's just got such a bad memory leak not even a brand new PC would play it without lag

hence why it's on my trade in list lol

McIcy said:
EVerything looks fine with your specs, ok the graphics card isn't top notch but that shouldn't cause too much problems, when did you last update your graphics card (software)?

How bigs your hard drive - space left on it?

I recently had my PC restored to factory settings, and don't really use this one, mostly use my laptop. I've never had an upgrade as in a new graphics card, but if you mean software as in download, then I often run the windows update... lol. Don't really look for graphics card updates, so if you know one which could help me upgrade it then that will be much abliged. :)

The hard drive is 143 GB, with 112 GB left.

I'd have to say it's the graphics card letting the system down - it's a bit lower than the recommended minimum specs, and as any veteran PC gamer will tell you, the minimum specs don't mean much. Drivers for your card can be found here, but to be brutally honest, I think an upgrade is in order if you want to be playing this game. Tom's Hardware often has good guides to different levels of graphics cards, but I'd suggest getting a mid-range card, particuarly if you want to play PC games for the next couple of years or so. Have a look online (ebuyer is pretty good), or around any indie computer shops in your area for decent prices. I'd probably say though, you're looking to spend at least a £100-£150... PC gaming isn't cheap...

Back