MCM October 2013 Licenses & Discussion Thread

So only one AL license. That's a shame, was hoping for another couple but suppose they've got plenty in the pipeline to try and release on time and without issues.

edit - Shame their blog bosts says "licenses"

britguy said:
So only one AL license. That's a shame, was hoping for another couple but suppose they've got plenty in the pipeline to try and release on time and without issues.

It's probably tomorrow, like the MCM May event. If it was only 2 licenses (Hal and Patema Inverted) then fans will probably be pissed off.

NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:

It's probably tomorrow, like the MCM May event. If it was only 2 licenses (Hal and Patema Inverted) then fans will probably be pissed off.

I don't think so considering they are still working on so many. It is just a small team working on all this so there is only so much they can handle at one time. Perhaps they will still give more than the two though with Perfect Blue out next month. But again, let's wait and see. I wouldn't be angry anyways, since they are putting a lot of focus into the final product.

Familiar of Zero F was licensed by Sentai right? But considering the er..."success" of the light novels and anime in the US, I'm not sure that was the wisest decision. Especially as there are A Certain couple of other Geneon shows that we've been pestering them for for a while now.

Personally, I'll buy Evangelion 3.33, but that's it out of these license announcements.

Joshawott said:
Familiar of Zero F was licensed by Sentai right? But considering the er..."success" of the light novels and anime in the US, I'm not sure that was the wisest decision. Especially as there are A Certain couple of other Geneon shows that we've been pestering them for for a while now.

Was the third season even picked up? Just looking around and I can't find anything about it being licensed..ever.

I'm pissed off that I missed the panel, especially since it was the reason I stayed that late.
Asked at the Manga booth and nobody seemed to know where it was, then we walked around to four different theatres, none of which were the Manga panel, so god knows where it was.

Thankfully everything announced there is either of no interest, I already own, or I'm going to import from Funi (Psycho Pass/Eva 3.33) or Sentai (BTOOM, Zero no Tsukaima) Also it's incredibly nice to see absolutely nothing from Kaze on that list, and that's the way it should stay.

@Josh - I thought you said back in May that if nobody announced Raildex you were going to import it? I highly doubt it's going to happen here.

Just Passing Through said:
NormanicGrav said:
Andrew Partridge has confirmed that Hal has been licensed for a UK release.

Continuing @MVM_UK's announcements, Campione and all of The Familiar of Zero has been picked up for a UK release.

Isn't FoZ one of those titles gone awol in USA?

Yup

Maybe someone's going to give it another try, probably sub only for the latter seasons.

Sentai licensed the final season of The Familiar of Zero and stated back in May that they were working on acquiring the first 3 seasons.

LINK

Q: You got the rights to the final season of Familiar of Zero. But when will you release it? And will you release the earlier seasons?
A: That's a good question. We want to get Familiar of Zero: F Plus Final out there, but we're still working on acquiring the first 3 seasons, because we want to give those to fans too. Hopefully we'll have an announcement soon.

Mangaranga - Yeah, money and the stream of awesome video game releases has prevented me from importing it yet. Guess I'll have to *sigh*. When I spoke to Tony in May, he said it was on his radar but "on the backburner".

Dannielle said:
Joshawott said:

Was the third season even picked up? Just looking around and I can't find anything about it being licensed..ever.
Looking at it, only season 1 and 4 have been picked up. The first one by FUNimation (which sold poorly) and the fourth by Sentai. I'm guessing then that this was a sublicense from Sentai as opposed to a license from Geneon.

So are MVM going to be releasing all of them as subtitle only, or season 1 with the dub?

Wow, this was a lot to come home too! A real mixture of stuff, not even sure what i'll consider buying yet. I'll have to look into half of them. Familiar of Zero is one I didn't see coming. MVM are doing well :D plenty of licenses.

Mangaranga said:
Thankfully everything announced there is either of no interest, I already own, or I'm going to import from Funi (Psycho Pass/Eva 3.33) or Sentai (BTOOM, Zero no Tsukaima) Also it's incredibly nice to see absolutely nothing from Kaze on that list, and that's the way it should stay.

I'd admit, there's virtually nothing here that interests me at all as well with the exception of 3.33 (since I decided to pick up the UK CE version of 2.22). Because I'm now aware of oversea announcements and the way they present their product (like an artbox in Funi's case), anything announced in the UK really doesn't excite me anymore (unless it was unexpected like, releasing A Certain exclusively on Blu-ray like Deadman).

The titles that I've noticed; Infinite Stratos Season 1, Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia, BTOOOM!, Girls Und Panzer. I've already planned to pick up Sentai's version anyway as I'd doubt a Blu-ray version will happen here, literally they're all AB (with the exception of IS) and MVM would just have the same issue as Another.

MVM can have all my money for licensing Familiar of Zero seasons 1-3 <3 Never thought it would happen, but glad to be proved wrong. Also will pick up Ikki Tousen season 3 and 4, along with IS and Hakuouki.

MVM replied to me that they are currently not aware of their release format for Familiar of Zero (dub or sub). It is a series that I have seen around a lot despite its age, so I'll try out the first season when it's released.

I do wish that the BBFC would get rid of the requirement for certificates to be burned onto the disc, so MVM can have an easier time with getting blu-ray releases done.

So 2/5 for Manga - I didn't expect them to give Psycho Pass a go and Evangelion 3.33 is no surprise. Not too sure if I may get DBGT considering i've yet to get DBZ.

As for MVM, 2/11 with 6/11 maybes. Be interesting to see what happens with Zero and hopefully they'll consider the soundtrack for Dusk Maiden.

Lots of definite buys for me.
A fairly underwhelming lineup from Manga today, I expected more. Psycho and Eva only. Still no word from Kaze, interesting...
Is it my imagination or do MVM like fanservice :wink: . Stratos, Btooom, Panzer, Campione and New World for me. Will probably try most of their other licenses as well, MVM are on fire this year and it seems they will be next year too.
From Anime Limited, Hal sounds interesting and Patema is a must-buy. Hoping for more announcements tomorrow, if there is nothing more then they are a little light on licenses for next year. And they would seem to be my last hope for Garden of Sinners.

To be pendantic Andrew did not announce that Anime Ltd had licenced Hal, he actually announced that there would be an announcement in the up coming Neo magazine from someone about Hal, this was during the Studio Wit panel.

The reason for Manga releasing Dragon ball GT and not Dragon Ball was that that was what was avaible to them at that time.

The third Madoka movie was asked about in the Manga sesion. They said that they would have to licence all three movies, and then the subject was quickly changed.

The screen did not seem to like anime trailers, as it went blank half way through both the Evangelion 3 and Hal trailers, at least it had the correct audio, unlike the Cappelion showing eariler in the day, I think they showed the video for Kill La Kill, with the audio for Cappelion episode 2.

Back