MCM London May 2018 Announcements: Anime Limited Round-up (Part 1)

Ugh, Transformers is the worst...

I've seen the first two Patlabor movies, but not the series. The movies were fairly good, but I still don't like the mech. Same goes for Escaflowne, Aldnoah.Zero, and Kuromukuro - I like those series, but I still wish there was no mech in them. I just roll my eyes and grit my teeth during those scenes.

The one series I totally loved that had mech in it was Flag. I can watch that one over and over. But that doesn't really have giant robots in it, the mech in that is a much smaller scale, more like large mech suits, and much more realistically presented.

Last edited:
We may need to coin a new term for your condition @Girls wIth Guns, robophobia? Anti-mechanism?

I'm currently enjoying the very well drawn and fairly well written IDW Transformers comics, but hey whatever keeps your blood pressure down. Patlabor I bring up because it's much more about the characters and their work and relationships with the mechs essentially relegated to just being plot devices, but if you take that much of an exception to even seeing the things then it's probably not for you either. You'll always have LotGH I guess, which I'm finding a little... dry. I mean it's good, and I'm enjoying it, in the way that I'd enjoy say a war documentary, but it's not hugely exciting. I get the feeling as far as my wars in the stars go, I'm not going to get any Gunbuster moments in this, am I?

Flag I haven't seen, but have heard it's good. Never got released here however, and is long OOP even stateside I believe. Might track it down one of these days, but it's one of those that seems to keep getting pushed down my never-ending to watch list.

p.s. I saw that post before the edit - That was probably wise, I don't take offence easily but others may. Not sure replacing it with a phrase that makes you sound like a valley girl did anything for your manliness there though ;P

Yeah, I pieced together my four-DVD Flag box set sometime after it went OOP here. I was able to buy the box with Part 1 from Rightstuf's Bargain Basement for just $4, but I had to buy the other three discs separately on eBay. Discs 2 and 4 I got for less than $10 each, but Disc 3 was the rare one, I think I paid $70 for it.

LotGH will be good for me I'm sure. I'm not a fan of a lot of action, so slow, boring, political and philosophical stuff is more to my liking.

Back