MCM Expo NEC March 16-17

I'm really disappointed with it this year. I was a part of the thread on their forum regarding how long they were taking to annouce guests and how that becomes difficult for those of us not local to make a choice to book train tickets on a whim without knowing the calibur of guests etc.

So yeah, still not enough to lure me and if they do manage to pull it out of the hat, far too late for me now cause of trains. It's a shame as I loved going to last years. Hoping to save for the London one in May now and if the same happens i.e slow release of guests, I'll just have to settle with our local Manchester one in July. *sigh*

-Danielle- said:
I'm really disappointed with it this year. I was a part of the thread on their forum regarding how long they were taking to annouce guests and how that becomes difficult for those of us not local to make a choice to book train tickets on a whim without knowing the calibur of guests etc.

Always the case with MCMs, but then the guests is possibly the least of the reasons we attend - with certain exceptions*, we don't bother with the scrawlings of the famous or panel's by them... we go primarily for the shopping, the comic artists, the steampunks and cosplayers, plus the social aspect of meeting friends and Max Takeshi :p. I might only look at the list of guests a few days before expo (by which time tickets and hotel have long, long been sorted)

Hope you decide to come down the Smoke for May's expo, there will be a former-NEO-ites meet-up, I'm sure.

* Tony Curtis and Tom Baker being our 2 notable exceptions in the 10 years we've been doing the London Expo.

I too would like it if they would at least post the schedules and stuff earlier than a couple of days before each time. It's very hard to make plans with friends travelling in on different dates sometimes, and I always seem to miss the anime industry panel at London Expo as no matter which day I go on they schedule it for the other. There's not enough at Expo to make it worth my while to go on more than one day; not having to choose which one completely blind would be a big improvement.

R

Yeah actually not gutted I missed this.

Duo, I'm so stuck with what to do! Collectormania is on the same weekend as the London MCM Expo and Collectormania already has all their guest listed and I really want to see Gillian Anderson, Charles Dance and the guy who played Renly Baratheon! I'm hoping they post guests for the London Expo at a far quicker rate as they did the Brum one so I can make a fair choice as train tickets should cost me a similar amount anyway and I'd kinda love to spend a night in London but not if guests are below par for my taste like it was for Brum :(

I suppose if you already live where an Expo/Con is it's always going to be a definite for people. Like with the Manchester one, I don't care who's going, i'll definitely be there regardless. Like our very ever first one...unimpressive guests for my taste, last years having the Merlin Knights and my beloved Vic Mignonga made me a spoilt girl! But yeah, for ones closer to ones hom it is more about the people there, the stalls, cosplayers, artists and stuff, but for those having to travel, i guess we expect more? :p

Back