May Expo Report

Just got back had a bit of a mishap with the pissing tube service, the part where I was supposed to get on was having maintenance done. So as a result of that I missed my coach and had to wait 3 hours for the next one
:evil:

/rant off

Those free hugs people really went overboard (as usual), as for the convention itself it was pretty cool, bought some stuff and got a few autographs. BTW if anyone of you bought those Guyver's figurines, pray that I don't find you :)

P.S Who the hell was that cosplayer who was in the huge blue cape and the yellow wizards hat?

Berserker said:
Who the hell was that cosplayer who was in the huge blue cape and the yellow wizards hat?

That was the mage from Final Fantasy 9. I can't remember it's name though, something like Mimi, I think...

God I am so miffed that I didn't go this is the first expo I have missed in 3 years, I will be going to the October one. I have a great idea for a costume I have been working on since feburary

Just a note to everyone that there is loads of videos up on youtube from the saturday and sunday.Especially of the random fights that happened outside (im in one -_-) plus i have a few more photos up at my deviantart page.

I really can't wait until the next one now :p though i need a cosplay idea...

I think the home made ones look better! they look more original! But it probably is easier to buy them on ebay!

I loved it. On saturday, these really nice people in front of me gave me two of their Goodie bags, then I found another one abandoned (plus two more, but as soon as other people saw me picking at one, they lunged at the others). All in all, I got a bunch of free stuff. It really was a great time, minus the panic attack on sunday, but even that had bonuses of meeting some great new people.

The expo was good, though i only went on the saturday in the end. Saw Sonia Leong there which was cool, though i didn't talk long. Erm, what else, i watched a bit of the Q&A with spike and vic as well, which was interesting, though went half way through. In the end though i didn't spend half as much as i thought i would, but still got loads of stuff anyway.

I saw loads more L cosplayers though XD I swear, Deathnote is making cosplay so much easier for everyone.

Ah, I remember speaking to somebody who said he was from Anime UK News! ^___^ Was that you?

Really enjoyed myself, though I was stupid and forgot to buy tons of manga from the Tokyopop stand whilst they were at a good price T__T I was too busy keeping myself chilled. Normally I begin to lose my rag and feel the need to bite someone's head off if I don't have some quiet time!

sonia_leong said:
I saw loads more L cosplayers though XD I swear, Deathnote is making cosplay so much easier for everyone.

haha indeed! Despite it being just a t-shirt and jeans,i saw very few good L cosplayers though.But yes,Death Note is making cosplaying accessible for anyone lol

TRASHBAT said:
sonia_leong said:

haha indeed! Despite it being just a t-shirt and jeans,i saw very few good L cosplayers though.But yes,Death Note is making cosplaying accessible for anyone lol

Saying that, No one got L's heir down, And im sad not seeing any Mello or Near's.

Tis a few other 'Normal' dressed anime's out there.

Jayme said:
TRASHBAT said:
sonia_leong said:

Saying that, No one got L's heir down, And im sad not seeing any Mello or Near's.

Tis a few other 'Normal' dressed anime's out there.

I dont know,i saw one L that was pretty much perfect in my eyes (posted a pic of him actually)

Oh i agree,but seeing how popular it is at the moment it seems the easiest option in peoples eyes i supose.I personally would like to do something original when i cosplay though :p (cant wait)

I loved Expo, I had so much fun taking pictures of cosplayers, but I was ill on Sunday and coudn't go back for the second day.

The highlights for me were seeing DDR, Vic Mignogna being funny, getting gizmo the gremlin slippers, watching YMCA elite beats masquerade and finding out the wallflower (yamato nadeshiko shichi henge) will be out on dvd from ADV in the UK. YAY I love that anime soooo much!! :D

70 photos of the Expo @ Anime Infatuation.

Back