May DVD Release of the month (Box Sets/specials)

May DVD Release of the month (Box Sets/specials)

• The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya #1 Special Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Box Set 2

• Negima: Complete Box Set

• Tenjho Tenge Box Set

• Total voters

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Exactly the same as the singles version of the poll, just i don't have enough poll rights to make it all in 1 post, so i've split it in 2

Tenjho Tenge because it has some decent fighting and fan-service and I don't care about anything to do with Gundam, Haruhi Suzumiya is extremely overrated and Negima is just a harem anime.

Only one I'm actually picking up is Gundam but I voted Haruhi as I believe the type of release and quality of the show is more of a significant moment in the UK anime release scene. I don't like Negima and thought the animated version of TT was a pale shadow of the manga in fanservice terms so it was an easy choice :)

R

yamiiguy said:
Never got any anime DVD this month except for Naruto 3:2 but out of those I'd vote Haruhi, never seen it though.
Why would you vote for something you've not seen? :roll:
Rui said:
and thought the animated version of TT was a pale shadow of the manga in fanservice terms so it was an easy choice :)
Is it true that the manga got badly censored?

Haruhi, but I've already got it :) , but probably the only person to have bought it without having watched it first. So you guys better not have been lying to me telling me it's good.

hopeful_monster said:
Haruhi, but I've already got it :) , but probably the only person to have bought it without having watched it first. So you guys better not have been lying to me telling me it's good.
I'm blameless since I've never said it was good. :p

hopeful_monster said:

I bought it blind and still liked it. It didn't change my life or anything but it was consistently entertaining and had high production values; no complaints.

Maxon: Tenjou Tenge's manga was edited sloppily for the US unfortunately (I have the JP version). Hopefully one day they'll try an uncensored version in shrinkwrap or something. The anime was toned down too from what I saw (in Japan this time, to make it TV-friendly) but if I'd seen it before the manga I expect I'd have been less disappointed.

R

Kireek said:
I thought Haruhi had been delayed till the 9th of june...........or did the box comeout before the single dvd?

The Special Edition of Haruhi volume 1 was made available for the London Expo last weekend, Beez had always set it out to be that, but as for available to buy outside of that, they pushed it back. So if you didn't get it there you'd have to wait(or you may have already imported the american version like myself)

hopeful_monster said:

so, have you seen it already? how do you like it?

I'm considering TT because of the fighting scenes... heard they have some good ones. I'm wondering why some animes with great fight scenes have so much fan service though... possibly because the japanese expects fanservice on these kind of animes?

Anyway, airmaster, grenadier, etc.... they have great fighting scenes and loads of fan service.

I'm going with the Gundam Seed boxset 2, watched it all soon as I got home from the expo, fantastic stuff.

SE of Haruhi ran out by the time I got there, so my vote doesn't for it.

I voted Haruhi.

Other than Negima, its the only one that really catches my eye. But, Haruhi, you get alot more things the box. So, Haruhi will probably be the one that I will buy ;D. Maybe I will get Negima when it goes down in price ;p.

Back