Mass Effect

Roadie

School Idol
I just got CoD and Ass. creed, never really looked at this game because of that reason, so as soon as I look at it I WANT it now :/ Anyone else looking at Mass Effect? I really enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old republic I + II but towards the end of II I got a little bored due to how slow the game could play out, it looks like this one has got a lot more action in it

I bought this game on Friday (Limited Edtion. Yay!) and I like it. But, I think that I am not going to play it til I have bought and read the novel. The game has a long history, and people are talking about events that have happened. You can probably find everything out in the game, but I think that I will still read the novel first, and stick with Assassin's Creed for now.

All these games, and I have two assignment's due in next week. =/ I should start them soon...

To avoid repeating myself I'm going to paste my blog entry...

I'm just watching the credits as I type. I wasn't expecting Mass Effect to end so soon in all honesty, as KOTOR was quite lengthy if my memory serves me well. The music during the credits is really lame though, sounds like music from the seventies or something. Now that I've completed the game once, I thought it would be nice to discuss what I think of the story without spoiling anything.

KOTOR had some interesting twists during the adventure and you'll get the same in Mass Effect. I love the little things I saw earlier in the game turn out to be a huge thing towards the end. The story is very sweet in my eyes, and pretty much the only thing that kept me going through the lame combat mechanics Bioware implemented. Also, just before the end of the game I looted a Pulse Rifle from a Geth which is their standard issue weapon. The rifle kicks ass in terms of accuracy and power, although it overheats a little quicker than the other weapons.

Stick to Mass Effect guys, the game is very short if you just do the main missions without bothering with any of the side quests. Mass Effect is one of those games like Oblivion where completing the main game is just a fraction of what's to be completed. Except maybe Oblivion's main missions were far longer compared to Mass Effect which pretty much involved me visiting just a handful of locations prior to the credits rolling.

I like Mass Effect. It's a solid game, with gorgeous graphics, meaty combat and an enjoyable plot. The chuggy frame rate and occasional bouts of long-windedness can be forgiven for the sheer pleasure gained from exploration and character development.

I did not really like mass effect maybe due to the large speechs as soon as you talk to them, another really annoying thing is that head shots do not seem to kill enemys instantly and the driving sections just suck out loud as the controls just suck. Though the graphics are amazing (But what isn't these days) and the battles are good.

major bumpage but i just got it today
haven't really had a chance to play it yet but it seems strangely over complicated

traded in cod4 and forza2 to get it as well

I sneaked Mass Effect off of my brothers shelf and finally started playing it. I played KOTOR, so knew roughly what to expect. For me, I love it, I really like my sci-fi, and without Farscape on TV I've been seriously lacking any. This threw straight in, I take my time exploring every facet, and I'm rarely disappointed, kinda screwed up an early boss and ended up replaying that section for hours. Now I'm back in the saddle and it's still ace. I highly recommend this game to any sci-fi fans, RPG fans or anyone that appreciates a decent story.

And I especially like the dialogue sections, it all flows together really well.

it's a very good game, but it would have been soooo much better if they'd put in what they said they were going to.

Customisable voices
Upgradable Mako
Customisable armour appearance

...and others that I can't remember at the moment.

I really dont think this game is any good, only because of the huge ass talking scenes. I wouldnt have minded them so much if it didnt take about 5 hours to complete one talk (slight exageration i know) and if you said one thing wrong it would change your allegience with that person.

*bump* Is it just me, or is Mass Effect really glitchy?
Taylor said:
and if you said one thing wrong it would change your allegience with that person.
That's why you think about what you want to say. Besides, saying something wrong a few times doesn't make a difference. I don't know why people are moaning about the speeches. If you want to shorten them, just talk about the essentials or stop talking to them.

My mother bought it for me for £20, well, she paid for it, my money. Gonna play through it once I complete Half-Life 2, fully and then episodes 1 and 2.

And long ass talking? Is it character development? ;0

Lupus Inu said:
My mother bought it for me for £20, well, she paid for it, my money. Gonna play through it once I complete Half-Life 2, fully and then episodes 1 and 2.

And long ass talking? Is it character development? ;0
It's the other way round for me. I'll play HL2 when I complete Mass Effect.

Mass effect is an amazing game and yes the main story is a little short but the fact that it will be a trilogy of games helps that fact i think, when it finishes you just want to play the next one ASAP!

Back