Mark speight found dead

He was absolutely legendary on Scratchy & Co.

It's a real shame...but if people are gonna throw their lives away because of drugs, it's hard to feel bad for them.

Aaron said:
He was absolutely legendary on Scratchy & Co.

It's a real shame...but if people are gonna throw their lives away because of drugs, it's hard to feel bad for them.

though saying that, this may just fuel the fire for the bandwagon about him "killing his GF"

Hadnt heard anything about this! Geuss thats what you get for not looking at the news in a few days...

Sad loss, I remember him in Smart. Strange that hes gone.

Woah, is it just me or have a lot of tv legends died over the past year? Heath Ledger, Steve Irwin, Colin McRae. I dunno maybe its coincidence that i knew those stars quite well and the deaths of other celebrities just went my radar but.....damn, pretty depressing really.

Anyway its awful news, my thoughts go to his family (and its always sad to hear about drug addiction - especially when its linked to a "good" celebrity like a children's presenter, wierd i know but you never expect children's presenters to have adult problems.

This is really strange. He was always my favourite presenter when I used to watch Smart all those years ago and to hear of him dying in such an extreme way... well it's just sad.

I really liked this guy, and I just can't imagine him doing drugs, hanging himself, etc.

I think I'll just put my fingers in my ears for the next few days or weeks until people stop talking about it.

Poor guy, I used to love watching him, especially on Smart.

& I also can't believe he was the type to drugs and the sort .. But yeah, really sad news :(

Gutted, really thought he was an ace presenter.

Can anyone remember the saturday show he did for ITV in which he wore a sky blue suit with clouds on it?

Anyways R.I.P
I'm sure he was an inspiration to many young artistes

Out of all the people who presented SMart, this guy was the only one I can remember... it's also kinda hard to imagine the same guy who presented that show getting drunk and taking drugs. Pity, he always used to amaze me with his art work =|.

One of the TV news broadcasts chose a TERRIBLE picture of him just after he went missing...they specifically ran an aggressive shot of him baring his teeth like a savage.

This probably doesn't mean much to anyone without the picture to reinforce it, but showing that while talking cryptically about him mysteriously vanishing after the death of his girlfriend really came across as them trying to imply he killed her.

It just seemed really...weird and unprofessional. They could have easily gone with the photo on that article, or one of dozens of happy/neutral BBC stock photos, but to go with the one they did was really bad judgement.

Back