Mario Kart DS: Need A Challenge

AnimeEnchanter

Dandy Guy, in Space
hey people, if any of you have mario kart DS (which i hope you do) post up your code. alot of my friends wont race me because i dont go easy on them lol. my friend code: 2922-1905-8565.

lookin foreward to racin :D

apologies if there has already been a thread for this.

Snaking is for people who take it too seriously. They are also known as Japanese. Seriously, why the **** do they take gaming to that extreme where there's no challenge?

it did used to piss me off wen i didnt know how to do it (or even what it was), i was thinkin how the hell they get so far ahead and i always wundered why they chose the slowest kart, now i know every trick in the book and they get as good as they give, dont half kill your thumb tho lol

I really hate playing against snakers too. One of my friends is a diehard snaker and I know why he enjoys it, but it's not why I play Mario Kart. I play Mario Kart to jostle around and be rubbish with everyone else...

We just ignore him when he plays and let him win every round and fight for 2nd.

R

CitizenGeek said:
Why is snaking such a problem? It's not "cheating" the system or breaking any rules, so I don't get why it's such a problem.
It's not a problem if you have a bunch of Serious Business players all snaking their way around the tracks. But when you have players who don't have the time or inclination to learn the intricacies of snaking, people who just play for fun, it creates a two-tier situation. Mario Kart Wii did away with it and the game is much more enjoyable as a result.

CitizenGeek said:
Why is snaking such a problem? It's not "cheating" the system or breaking any rules, so I don't get why it's such a problem.
Abusing a technique to win at any cost? Sounds like cheating to me.

You tell me where the fun is in constantly abusing a technique just to beat anonymous strangers and not give yourself at least a bit of a challenge.
fabricatedlunatic said:
Mario Kart Wii did away with it and the game is much more enjoyable as a result.
Yeah, but it took away everything else that was fun.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Maxon said:
Yeah, but it took away everything else that was fun.
Eh? Such as?
Perhaps took away are the wrong words, but they sure as hell made it not fun to play.

Cheating CPU, poorly designed tracks, poor steering with Wii Wheel, gimmicks, boring items, too convenient timing to lose a good position, to name a few things. It's not as bad as Double Dash, but it's certainly not a good game. Mario Kart games stopped being fun after MK64.

Rui said:
I really hate playing against snakers too. One of my friends is a diehard snaker and I know why he enjoys it, but it's not why I play Mario Kart. I play Mario Kart to jostle around and be rubbish with everyone else...

We just ignore him when he plays and let him win every round and fight for 2nd.

R

The problem is, when like me, you have 2 friends who snake, in a 3-4 player game, its really, really, ****.

Spyro201 said:
The problem is, when like me, you have 2 friends who snake, in a 3-4 player game, its really, really, ****.

Yes, my other friends will get extremely black looks if they ever show any interest in starting...

Mario Kart is one of those silly games that even my dad is happy to get on wireless for, and you can't really teach newbies to snake instantly. So it kills the pick up and play fun completely.

R

Rui said:
Spyro201 said:

Yes, my other friends will get extremely black looks if they ever show any interest in starting...

Mario Kart is one of those silly games that even my dad is happy to get on wireless for, and you can't really teach newbies to snake instantly. So it kills the pick up and play fun completely.

R

Same here. Thats what Mario Kart was for me. Was being the crucial word. Sadly now, my friends are so competitive and good it kills the fun.

I dont think there is a Wii game I play/like.

Maxon said:
Cheating CPU, poorly designed tracks, poor steering with Wii Wheel, gimmicks, boring items, too convenient timing to lose a good position, to name a few things. It's not as bad as Double Dash, but it's certainly not a good game. Mario Kart games stopped being fun after MK64.
I can't argue that it's not frustrating, because it is, but it's good fun online with people you know. A group of us on Eurogamer have been staging weekly GPs since the game's release (although I didn't join until the summer) and we're enjoying it more than ever.

i think online play is really addictive, its nice to get ur friends together and just hav fun with it, get competitive and play it when ur drunk now that is funny especially when u cant see the screen, ive done it once and neva again, it was a laugh tho.

Back