MangaUK's Manchester MCM Expo license announcements.

VoxPhantom

Stand User
Courtesy of the UK Anime twitter account, here are Manga's announcements from the Manchester MCM Expo.

- Guilty Crown licensed for bluray and DVD.

- Aria the Scarlet Ammo licensed.

- Ninja Scroll steelbooks delayed, will feature a 20 page booklet written by Johnathan Clements when eventually released.

- The World God Only Knows release date is October 1st.

- Chaos:Head and Blue Exorcist part 2 out on October 22nd.

- As stated before, Madoka out on October 29th.

- Tales of Vesperia movie out on DVD and bluray on December 3rd.

- Fractale announced; release date December 10th.

- Ginatama movie (DVD only) out on December 24th.

- Persona 4 part 1 (DVD & bluray) also slated for December 24th release.

Interesting set of announcements; Fractale finally out in the open, Guilty Crown being licensed for bluray despite being 22 episodes. Good to see a date set for Persona 4.

I can see the Blu-ray being canceled for Guilty Crown. Though it is odd for there to be one anyway, i'm guessing we can expect it to be released as a complete collection the first time rather than 2 separate parts.

Fractale will probably be a pickup too, not interested in Aria.

Strange to see Gintama since it's not going to be followed with a release for the TV version any time soon here. Maybe it will be a massive success and convince them to put out the whole TV show sub-only (since a translation already exists beyond Sentai's segment). Hahaha...

I already have most of that list on my shelf or on order, and the only thing I don't which I'd be interested in is Guilty Crown, which is the most likely one to be aborted partway. D'oh. Nice to hear that Ninja Scroll is getting a bonus booklet.

R

ANN Article
Kaze's included in the first post. Don't forget they distribute in the UK via Manga. Berserk (which wasn't mentioned in the first post) and Persona 4 are both licenses of theirs.

I think the only license mentioned there that I'm actually going to pick up is Persona 4. For everything else I'll just import the US version instead.

Sigh Already got Fractale on the way to my house. Too slow again manga.I have no interest in Guilty Crown. Will pick up persona 4 in the uk. Aria not too sure what that is. Madoka and Blue Exocist will be picked up. But TWOGK I already have. Mixed bag.

OOOh forgot about the tales of verspia movie will be picking that up from manga as well!

I am going to let myself be tempted by Tales of Vesperia in light of the positive reception it's received. A Christmas present it shall be.

Will definitely pick up Ninja Scroll and Madoka on BD, possibly Fractale. I liked the Gintama film but I think my DVD buying days are largely over. Jormungand I'd be up for, if that information proves accurate.

A quick Google informs me that Aria the Scarlet Ammo isn't a sequel to Aria the Origination, so I think I'll leave that be.

animefreak17 said:
theres a few in here who's brought these titles region 1 and i bet ya wished ya waited dont ya.

its ok it happens

The World God Only Knows (Season 1), Chaos:Head, Madoka, Tales of Vesperia Movie - I already own all these on Region A blu-ray. I don't regret not waiting on any of them.

Fractale - I held off buying the Region A version. From reviews I have read it starts good but goes downhill after about 3 episodes. I have plenty of other anime releases to buy.

Ginatama movie - I passed on the Region 1 version as I havn't seen any of the anime series.

I will but the Ninja Scroll Steelbook and I might buy Persona 4 as well.

Guilty Crown & Aria the Scarlet Ammo - Don't know (Guilty Crown blu-ray will probably get cancelled either prior to release or part way through the release).

I own Madoka (LEs) and TWGOK on US BD - no regrets. In fact, I ordered TWGOK season 2 yesterday.

I will wait for Chaos;Head and possibly Squid Girl now though.

animefreak17 said:
theres a few in here who's brought these titles region 1 and i bet ya wished ya waited dont ya.

Not really - I don't see a point in waiting an extra six months for something which is likely to be worse (i.e. no limited edition, or no BD, or cancelled partway). I'll happily wait for an average series but where quality is concerned there's rarely an advantage in waiting.

R

Rui said:
animefreak17 said:

Not really - I don't see a point in waiting an extra six months for something which is likely to be worse (i.e. no limited edition, or no BD, or cancelled partway). I'll happily wait for an average series but where quality is concerned there's rarely an advantage in waiting.

R
Pretty much this. I imported K-ON!! because after K-ON's BD box set was cancelled I knew we wouldn't get season 2 on blu-ray (IF we do get it at all), same with The World God Only Knows (and that show looks gorgeous in HD). I purchased Aniplex's Madoka sets for the amazing limited editions more than the dubious BD status at the time, although I have pre-ordered their BD to support the show and hopefully future releases like that.

With Squid Girl, I was going to import the BD but I think I've left it too late and the MangaUK is half the price of what the BD would cost me, so I will most likely pick up the DVD (unless someone tells me the show looks really good on BD?).

Persona 4 will have a special edition as well, looking at Manga's twitter and Steins;Gate will most likely be out on BD.

But Toei have said people need to buy DBZ if we want One Piece.

reborn said:
Freezing is also to be released in December.
https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/226771951547465729

Another show I recently preordered on Region A blu-ray so I'll give the UK release a miss.

Joshawott said:
Persona 4 will have a special edition as well, looking at Manga's twitter and Steins;Gate will most likely be out on BD.

But Toei have said people need to buy DBZ if we want One Piece.

If P4 is getting a special edition then even more reason to get the UK version and if Steins;Gate does get a blu-ray release I'll most likely get that as well.

No offence animefreak but manga have a **** history of letting people down with their promises. I don't reget not waiting for something that will most probably get cancelled by them. By importing the shows I want i am the one that is laughing because i get to watch them before manga finally decide to pull their finger out their ass and release it 2 million years down the line.

theirsbailiff said:
And there's nothing from MVM or Kaze. Did they even go to the convention?

EDIT: No, MVM didn't go. Still haven't heard anything from Kaze though.

I didn't go - I was on a flight to Tokyo as I have meetings here for the next 12 days. Both to finalise a few special things for Scotland Loves Anime and to discuss a bundle of licenses.

Hopefully a few things to talk about at Amecon though, which I will certainly be at though

Andrew

Back