MangaUK 2012 movie line up includes blu-rays

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source.

AnimeNewsNetwork is reporting that MangaUK have posted some of their 2012 plans on Twitter, which includes a blu-ray release of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos as well as a blu-ray rerelease of Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa (which was previously released on DVD by Revelation films). They will also rerelease the first of the Naruto Shippuden movies on blu-ray, before releasing Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Bonds on blu-ray.

Also, they reaffirmed plans to release the first three Bleach movies (Memories of Nobody, The Diamond Dust Rebellion and Fade to Black) on Blu-ray.

It is more than likely that the new titles will be released on DVD as well; whereas the rereleases will be blu-ray only or DVD/BD combi packs (as per MangaUK's recent interview with Otaku News.

EDIT: I didn't intend the title to sound so sarcastic xD

Ian Wolf said:
They say they'll be released on BD - can't help but feel that the reality will be different.
I wonder if they will be rereleasing the earlier movies as part of a boxset with the newer ones?

Well, they're fairly safe titles so Manga might not be completely insane. Not sure how well things like the older FMA movie will sell though, since they would be going for people upgrading more than new fans with that and as the infamous Brotherhood incident showed, the blu-ray market for that series isn't quite as healthy as for the big Shounen Jump titles. It's a movie, sure, but it doesn't really stand alone that well.

R

Rui said:
Well, they're fairly safe titles so Manga might not be completely insane. Not sure how well things like the older FMA movie will sell though, since they would be going for people upgrading more than new fans with that and as the infamous Brotherhood incident showed, the blu-ray market for that series isn't quite as healthy as for the big Shounen Jump titles. It's a movie, sure, but it doesn't really stand alone that well.

R

I got Shamballa on Blu-ray last year for under a tenner from the US, it being a Region A/B title from Funimation. EDIT (Yup, still £10.50 at Play.com, cheaper at Amazon, even reasonably priced at UP1) Manga won't be able to compete with that.

They should just stick to Star of Milos.

It does confirm that the 3 Bluray Bleach movies are going to be Kaze releases so they will only be distributed by Manga! At least that way you can have a more faith in Kaze releasing them on bluray than Manga themselves.

Taka88 said:
They will inform to everyone when BD is release ? Why BD slow to release ? Because some of BD release in USA last year.
They will more than likely inform once they're up for pre-order, then again even if they were to give us a date - I wouldn't trust it as more than likely it would be delayed.

Also a number of different things can be the cause of why something is released as late as it is. Could be Mangas, Funimation or Japan's doing.

CloudedMinds said:
It does confirm that the 3 Bluray Bleach movies are going to be Kaze releases so they will only be distributed by Manga! At least that way you can have a more faith in Kaze releasing them on bluray than Manga themselves.

It kinda gives you a feeling of hope doesn't it?

:oops: Or am I just reading too much into it?!

kippy666 said:
CloudedMinds said:

Do fans have a reason yet to even doubt Kaze UK? Doubtful.

reborn said:
kippy666 said:
CloudedMinds said:

Do fans have a reason yet to even doubt Kaze UK? Doubtful.
I must admit they do seem very promising, I'm looking forward to seeing these collector's editions they plan on bringing out.

Just Passing Through said:
I got Shamballa on Blu-ray last year for under a tenner from the US, it being a Region A/B title from Funimation. EDIT (Yup, still £10.50 at Play.com, cheaper at Amazon, even reasonably priced at UP1) Manga won't be able to compete with that.
Shamballa has taken such an age to cross the Atlantic I'm inclined to agree. Amazon shows the US Release date as being the 17th of November 2009.

My initial thought when faced with the thread title? Manga's 2011 line up included blu-rays... which never happened. Manga's 2012 line up used to include blu-rays... which we now know are not going to happen. My enthusiasm is somewhat dampened by these facts.

Back