Manga volumes currently 'temporary out of stock'

Yona of the Dawn Vol 4. I can't find a copy anywhere in English language. One site said July for a restock but as yet nothing. No used copies hanging around either.

The first volume of a lot of popular series

Venitas, witch hat atelier, sailor moon eternal, demon slayer, girls last tour. I haven't been able to find them. Sometimes on ebay, but far above retail price.

Noticeably The Case Study Of Vanitas Volumes 1-5 are out of stock mostly everywhere. Been trying to get the physical volumes,after buying the digital editions( Got volumes 6 and 8 so far waiting for volumes 1,5 and 7.)

Though Volume 1 has appeared recently again on Wordery and Blackwells just not for immediate dispatch 11-16 days(Wordery) and 2 -3 weeks(Blackwells) Volume 5 is showing to be ”dispatched within 10 working days” on Waterstones as well. Volumes 2-4 absolutely nothing.

Noticeably The Case Study Of Vanitas Volumes 1-5 are out of stock mostly everywhere. Been trying to get the physical volumes,after buying the digital editions( Got volumes 6 and 8 so far waiting for volumes 1,5 and 7.)

Though Volume 1 has appeared recently again on Wordery and Blackwells just not for immediate dispatch 11-16 days(Wordery) and 2 -3 weeks(Blackwells) Volume 5 is showing to be ”dispatched within 10 working days” on Waterstones as well. Volumes 2-4 absolutely nothing.
They are even out of stock on rightstuf, looks like they are waiting for a reprint.

Via Amazon - Fruits Basket Volume 8 Collector's Edition

On Monday there were 15 copies in stock - according to the latest message from Amazon, they will receive further copies next month.

I'm looking for Rose of Versailles volume 2. It's pretty much disappeared and I'm hoping for a reprint but Amazon says it's unknown if they will get more.

Covid seem to have impacted manga badly through a combination of toilet-paper hoarding logic and printing being halted/slowed/lessened. Twas ****** to discover nearly all of the Kaguya Love Is War volumes are unavailable, only v18-20. I'd ordered the first 9vols before Covid and lost interest. Same situation Kakegurui, though not as extreme.

There's going to be some srsbiz eBay 'scalping'. Berserk Deluxes temporarily went out of stock after Miura's death and though they are obviously going to keep printing them given popularity/£££, people were selling vol1-7 for £600-700. £100 for v1. Less popular series are likely to stay out of print. It's a mess.

The Poe Clan volume 1 is temporary out of stock and because of the pandemic, the publisher Fantagraphics currently has no plans to publish volume 2 :(

I'm looking for Rose of Versailles volume 2. It's pretty much disappeared and I'm hoping for a reprint but Amazon says it's unknown if they will get more.
I ended up contacting Udon and their customer service is INCREDIBLY friendly, up there with the best customer service I've ever had. They went above and beyond for me and I'm so grateful for that. Also they told me all of the volumes are currently being reprinted but won't hit shelves until 2022.

Don't forget to ask publishers about reprints! Some will refuse to answer (Viz and Seven Seas in my experience) but some are so helpful and informative. I've had really good experiences asking Udon, Yen Press and Sublime. Plus you are showing them interest in the series by inquiring about it.

Don't forget to ask publishers about reprints! Some will refuse to answer (Viz and Seven Seas in my experience) but some are so helpful and informative. I've had really good experiences asking Udon, Yen Press and Sublime. Plus you are showing them interest in the series by inquiring about it.
For me it's Dark Horse - they just do not like answering my queries regarding Satoshi Kon (how long does it take to reprint his last artbook :confused:😭) and Blood Blockade Battlefront Back 2 Back manga volumes 🤬

For me it's Dark Horse - they just do not like answering my queries regarding Satoshi Kon (how long does it take to reprint his last artbook :confused:😭) and Blood Blockade Battlefront Back 2 Back manga volumes 🤬
It really does suck... I keep sending them my inquiries anyway because I think it's important to show interest. Remember that even if you don't get a response, a real person out there is still reading your message and may pass it on!

Back