MANGA UK: To Shortly Announce New Licenses for Early 2011?

Neferpitou

Stand User
manga_logo.png

MANGA UK: To Shortly Announce New Licenses for Early 2011?

Directly from Manga UK twitter:

"We have some amazing new acquisitions for the UK for early 2011 to tell you about. Hopefully next week. Start speculating."

Source: Manga Twitter

Humbug to the new, I declare. I'd be more tantalised by news of old titles being newly acquired.

(Of course, one could still suggest that qua an acquisition as opposed to a title, the act of an old title being acquired qualifies as a new acquisitions in spite of the title's age. Such is the merit of using "qua" when explaining things. I digress.)

Well, i suppose it would be one of the many series that are licensed by Funimation in the US that will make most of the 2011 pallet?

Hoping for Index/Railgun then!

Monster? They have only released one box set for some reason in Region 1 with Viz Media.

Maybe they have the rights to release FMA (Original Series), but doubt that when FMA Brotherhood are just starting to get released.

One Piece? That will be good I guess as I might pick them up but I just don't like how Region 1 box sets are getting released.

Maybe they have the rights for DBZ Kai?

I can't think of any old anime series exept for Cardcaptor Sakura but I highly doubt that and Pita Ten that has never been released outside of Japan.

Anything FUNi is streaming here on its youtube chanel and isn't otherwise available would be my guess.
Already had a few things licensed off that list by them: Bamboo Blade and Baccano.

CCS is sub only remeber, the dub is heavily cut. Would pay Japanese prices for the BDs if they were available, was considering import anyway but they're OOP and set 2 is impossible to get.

DBZ is held for all of Europe by a French company.

Would love to see more nozomi/rightstuff titles get here, Marimite and Utena especialy

Everything that neo ADV (re)issued after becoming sentai/section23, looking at the list mostly damn good. Their stuff seems to be going mostly to MVM tho'.

The Japanese BD sets had some serious quality issues, no? Also "impossible" is relative, just depends how much you want to spend. :p

Not sold by anywhere that ships internationaly and about double RRP.
It's a 35mm transfer the issues are with source not with the BD quality. It's a seeing errors you can't in SD problem. You can see the fact it's a character cell on top of a background. Some lighting effects used highlight this.
It's one of the highest quality BDs ,being 1080p not a 720p upscale, and there's no picture issues besides the original effects sometimes not looking very good in 1080p

Reaper gI said:
Not sold by anywhere that ships internationaly and about double RRP.
It's a 35mm transfer the issues are with source not with the BD quality. It's a seeing errors you can't in SD problem. You can see the fact it's a character cell on top of a background. Some lighting effects used highlight this.
It's one of the highest quality BDs ,being 1080p not a 720p upscale, and there's no picture issues besides the original effects sometimes not looking very good in 1080p
Hmm, I thought there was some weird aliasing problem going on, maybe I'm thinking of something else.

As for shipping internationally, order it from the second one down currently on the amazon marketplace page http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used (59,800 yen)

It's shipped by Amazon for the marketplace seller (Amazon.co.jp 配送センターより発送されます), so they will ship internationally.

I'm indisposed to nonsense to whatever not One Piece, DB Kai or SGT. Frog shenanigans manga try so I'm ready for the whiteness.

landlock said:
Queen's Blade.

That's would be funny. :)
No, It wouldn't and so help the both of us if they do go with it.

As someone already mentioned, since Manga have been releasing Funi licenses hopefully at least one of the following will be released:

The Tatami Galaxy
House of Five Leaves
Phantom, Requiem for the Phantom
Shikabane Hime

Trigun Badlands Rumble might be a possibilty.

ilmaestro said:
Hmm, I thought there was some weird aliasing problem going on, maybe I'm thinking of something else.

As for shipping internationally, order it from the second one down currently on the amazon marketplace page http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used (59,800 yen)

It's shipped by Amazon for the marketplace seller (Amazon.co.jp 配送センターより発送されます), so they will ship internationally.
You get rainbow boarders round the edge of some of the character cells, especialy with some lighting effects, normaly it's fine.

I did notice that, I'd rather it new tho'.
Time to get saving. :p

Subbed OKAMOTO Tadanari. Or the classic Tôei Dôga features, or THE Hakkenden. :p

No, wait – even better…

Ai no Kusabi (the early '90s two-parter, if you're asking). :D I would start buying anime series again if they released even YUASA Masaaki ones, though.

Reaper gI said:
Time to get saving. :p
Hehe, indeed.

fwiw though, and I'm sure you probably know this already, buying something "second hand" in Japan is generally not like popping down to your local branch of GAME and getting some free pubes with your copy of Modern Warfare 2. Especially when something is listed as 非常に良い you would be struggling to see the difference between that and a brand new copy.

Reaper gI said:
DBZ is held for all of Europe by a French company.
Dragonball Z =/= Dragonball Kai. Look at Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for reference. Manga UK don't own the rights to the 2003 FMA anime.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hetallia. I'm not a fan personally, but I know it would sell xD.

Personally, I want to see Manga Entertainment license Sgt. Frog (I think I made it clear earlier), Linebarrels of Iron and the Lupin III specials.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Casshern Sins and Dragonball Kai (Can anyone say "Cash Cow"?).

Back