Manga UK to release Eden Of The East?

Neferpitou

Stand User
Manga UK on their twitter have said yes when asked the question of if they are going to release Eden Of The East.

Source 1
Source 2

edendvd0416.jpg

JohnC said:
Blu-ray would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for that in the UK.
I think it's very probable, with this being Manga. Out of recent releases that are potentially available in HD, it's only older films that would need a new transfer and live-action things like the GeGeGe-no-Kitarô films (which have a Blu-ray in North America but not here) that they've scrimped on, as far as I can recall.

Yeah, I'd have me some of that on Blu-ray. Given how Manga seem to have embraced the format, I'm reasonably confident about the chances of seeing a BD release.

BD all the way.

I think we'll actually see it too, assuming Funi also have grabbed the rights to a Blu-ray release.

Interesting point, Jindama. I don't believe companies would buy licenses without the ability to decide the format (DVD / BD).

chaos said:
Interesting point, Jindama. I don't believe companies would buy licenses without the ability to decide the format (DVD / BD).
But they don't necesarily have BluRay quality raws, haven't FUNi BD mostly been upscales.

Brilliant! Know to not jump for the Region 1 version now. Fingers crossed for a short time-lag between R1 and 2, and for a Blu-Ray version.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Funimation have already confirmed that Eden of the East will be released on BD.
Doesn't mean Manga will be though. See: Claymore. Manga haven't released any series on BD yet, just movies and OVAs. Though FMA will be.

JohnC said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Funimation have already confirmed that Eden of the East will be released on BD.
Doesn't mean Manga will be though. See: Claymore. Manga haven't released any series on BD yet, just movies and OVAs. Though FMA will be.

I was responding to Jiindama's "assuming Funi also have grabbed the rights to a Blu-ray release" comment. Should have quoted.

Also, Shigurui.

I'm still confused as to why Manga picked up Shigurui but none of Funi's other (arguably more appealing) BD sets... Meh, soon I won't care anyway.

::goes back to waiting for region free blu-ray player to be delivered::

Back