MANGA UK: Hetalia: Axis Powers is coming to the UK

The first ep was not the best clip to show. It tries to introduce like 20 characters in 2 mins and ends up in a mess even in Japanese.

I am actualy disapointed at all the complaining. Thia is the just the first of the annoucements his week and people are raging because the girls got something for once. There is a market out there but sadly only 4 shows if that in the UK are released for them with all but one owned by companies that are asking £20 a dvd. The one show that was reasonbly priced which is Ouran has acually sold incredibly well for manga. I'm going to buy this in a heartbeat because of it's good price and should sell very well for manga too. You guys really have no idea how insainly big the fandom for this show is.

Edit: I thought I should add as well that Hetalia isn't a BL show. There isn't even any hintings of it. It's just another show that has had it's rep ruined by fangirls =(

I got a good idea for you Manga: Why dont you RELEASE SOMETHING GOOD!

but seriously, enough with these lame drama/romance anime and release some good ol fashioned action/shonen shows

i'm a straight adult male, and i watch a bit of Hetalia, i find it alright, but i would rather much have Seto no Hanayome, Spice & Wolf, or the rest of School Rumble to be released than this, hell, the funi One Piece dub would be nice as well

Reviews I've read mention BL subtext, but I don't know how blatant it is. All I do know is that the show's full of bishies and, for the sake of my manhood, I tend to avoid shows full of bishies.

ilmaestro said:
A few of your allegedly straight male friends, I see, I see. ^^;

Well, they are friends with a girl who thinks that Queens Blade and Seikon no Qwaser are awesome, so there's a chance the guys I hang out with are a little offbeat too :)

If it helps dull your shame, the fact that you knew and indeed replicated the story with the popular pairing written the most sensible way around makes me respect you a little bit more.

sanji no 1 said:
enough with these lame drama/romance anime

o_O

Hetalia isn't BL anyway, it's just ridiculously silly and the fact that 95% of the characters are men with no shame has caused a gigantic female following to spring up. There's no reason a man wouldn't like the show itself (its fandom aside) but I can see why it would be too dumb for a lot of people to latch onto. Silly comedy is one of those "love or hate" things.

R

Rui said:
If it helps dull your shame, the fact that you knew and indeed replicated the story with the popular pairing written the most sensible way around makes me respect you a little bit more.
Haha, thank you... I think. ^^;

CloudedMinds said:
Wasnt there meant to be more than 1 new license announced over the weekend?

There were supposed to be a few last week yeah. Guessing the announcement was delayed a bit

Oh well.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Ryu Shoji said:
Paradox295 said:
Tbh, the profits from Professor Layton, Soul Eater and now this should be MORE than enough for One Piece and/or DBKai
Don't worry, this is obviously to keep the girls quiet. We should get the Macho License soon...

Sgt.Frog please T_T

I agree with the need for more shonen licences but I though it was more the manga thats for girls, I read it once and wont be reading it again there was some weird pages.

But am I the only one who though the concept of humanised nations interacting with each other was interesting?
make of it what you will but I though the anime series was pretty decent.

surely there could have been worse licences at the end of the day.
It's more like Humanised Stereotypes rather than Nations xD

Also, I've seen some of it; and I can't see how people are missing the BL subtext. It's clearly there! Maybe a guy can see it more, because we know how men really work xD

Back