MANGA UK Focus Group at London Expo?

Neferpitou

Stand User
manga_logo.png

MANGA UK Focus Group at London Expo?

Here are the full details of the Focus Group Manga UK want to run at the next London EXPO:

It will take place on 30th October 2010 at the next LONDON EXPO.

They require separate Male and Female groups of people of the following age groups of 12-14, 15-19, 20+. Each group will have 6 members, so a total of 6 groups.

It will take 30-60 minutes of your time and they simply want to study UK Anime fan's consumer behavior. This will entail a group discussion on your favorite anime and other pop-culture interests plus a short survey.

Everyone who takes part gets a bag full of dvd's and blu-rays valued at £50.

To apply simply join Twitter,

Make a follow request to MANGA UK,

Then send a direct message to MANGA UK with your name & age.

Source: Manga UK

This is the rare Homosapiess Otakuus, it comes out only during the day to scavenge food and is a very nocturnal creature, chosing to spend it's time alone or with those of it's own nature indoors watchng anime :D

They can have this for free right now:

As a consumer, I've all but stopped buying standard definition releases. I'll buy releases which compete on quality with the US, even if they cost a bit more. I'm already disappointed by the packaging of FMA: Brotherhood when compared with the US, the only reason I didn't import being because PlayUSA don't like my credit and debit cards. Shigurui was fine though, that was near identical both sides of the pond (as is Afro Samurai by the looks of it, but I'm not really interested in that) more of those kind of releases please.

Thanks for releasing more HD anime (and in better quality) than any other UK distributor. Just keep up the pace, as when release dates start to lag behind the US I'm very tempted to import.

Japanese rather than US cover art would be appreciated where possible, our Sky Crawlers cover is rubbish compared to the Japanese. And finally, give your design department a kick up the **** for the spines that don't line up on your single volume releases. Should anyone from Manga read this, I hope you'll see it for the constructive criticism it is. I want to support the UK industry, but it has to give me what I want to enable me to do so.

I don't twit, but being in the distance of the 20+ landscape, I still use SD DVD as:
1) I haven't got an HD receiver ( waiting for reasonable oLEDs), and

2) I don't have a BlueRay player as I'm not convinced that I will be gaining that much detail for the cost of both. 3D is meh to me as well.

Yeah some kids might have a job, or parents what buy them anything they want, but they also have laptops, or PCs and know how to torrent all they need for free. The only way Manga can profit from that lot is if some of them become collectors. I on the other hand have enough disposable income to still support a hobby like anime and manga, sadly I'm a rare and endangered species that's not worth the effort to save by licensing titles that people like me would be ready, willing, and able to buy right now. But this problem is not solely Manga's responsibility and I don't hold it against them, afterall they can't licence what just doesn't exist, or is very thin on the ground back in Japan, so I am very grateful for Sky Crawlers, 5cm, Summer Wars, and the like that they do bring in to the UK. The times are still depressed on planet Anime for us old folk.

UPDATE: MANGA UK Focus Group at London Expo
Here are the full details of the Focus Group Manga UK want to run at the next London EXPO:

It will take place on 30th October 2010 at the next LONDON EXPO.

They require separate Male and Female groups of people of the following age groups of 12-14, 15-19, 20+. Each group will have 6 members, so a total of 6 groups.

It will take 30-60 minutes of your time and they simply want to study UK Anime fan's consumer behavior. This will entail a group discussion on your favorite anime and other pop-culture interests plus a short survey.

Everyone who takes part gets a bag full of dvd's and blu-rays valued at £50.

To apply simply join Twitter,

Make a follow request to MANGA UK,

Then send a direct message to MANGA UK with your name & age.

I just joined twitter for this and followed manga uk, but how do I send them a direct message?

I went to the direct message box, but cant get the word manga uk to appear in the send to box??? Someone please help

I did post a tweet saying my name and age throught.

To DM someone they have to be following you and vice versa, hence the send follow request bit on their instructions.
It's so you can't be botted with them.

I've gone through many instruction guides but for the life of me, I have no clue how to request someone else on twitter to follow me. Their own official guide says you can't do it so can someone who knows what they're actually doing help me? I want to get involved so I understand the UK buying community as well as actually offer advice. The free gifts are a nice offer but I'm actually interested in the content and not the free gifts so this is something I REALLY want to be involved in.

You don't "friend" people on Twitter. You can follow them, you can speak to them with an "@" address and if your lucky, they will follow you back. All @MangaUK want are you to follow them, and then send a direct/personal message to them - which you can do by selected "direct messages" on your own page, then writing to them in 140 characters or less.

you can't send DM to people you follow only those who follow you as well. So you need to message @MangaUK asking them to follow you, then DM the details

Back