Manga UK and Netflix's Cannon Busters Not Launching On 1st March

They are no longer owned by Starz which is why they got a lot better than in 2014/15
Whoops, I didn't read the full wiki entry!

In early 2015, Anchor Bay UK (alongside Manga Entertainment UK) was bought from Starz by managing director Colin Lomax and renamed to Platform Entertainment. Kaleidoscope Film Distribution would acquire Platform in December 2016, with Manga Entertainment UK becoming an separate entity and operating on its own.
Does sound like they are completely independent again, but:
Lionsgate currently licenses the Manga Entertainment brand-name from the now non-related UK branch.
Don't know how much this brings in.

They co-produced Ghost in the Shell!
Also they are owned by Starz, who in turn are a subsidiary of Lionsgate.

yeah they did but that was 25 years ago. For a company that essentially now just redistributes other companies titles I still find it surprising that Manga Ent of 2019 can afford it. Anime is expensive to make and Manga Ent UK don't appear to me at least to be a company rolling in money, GiTS royalties or not. Just find it surprising really.

I always assumed Manga UK were handling things like production of physical media n distribution, they also seem to run the Pilot episodes website

Either way the Pilot Kickstarter hasn't been updated in over 8 months and before then the last update was July 2016, while I can understand contracts and other legal things may prevent companies from providing too much information, thats 2 whole years without an update! Even to say "Hey guys, we are still here doing awesome things, we will update things as soon as possible, here is some artwork"

I'd be surmised if this shows released in Spring... or any time this year

Back