Manga Recomendations

Lupus Inu said:
F.F. said:
It seems people don't get the meaning of the term Shonen.
Seems you don't either, dawg. Considering it's not a genre but a form of demographics.

You say that as though you know what situation to use the term "Demographics" in.

LET'S LOOK AT DICTIONARY.COM OK OK LETSA GO.

Too bad you're utterly and hopelessly wrong. You need to do some research before spouting out big words like you know anything more than the rest of us do. English fans generally know **** about Japanese animation due to the limited amount of bullcrap we actually get dubbed into English from Yankeeland.

Hell. Most of us in this country have to rely on what is the trend in America in order for us to see a release of many series in the United Kingdom. Anybody, deny me there's no truth in that statement.

What we get is extremely limited. This is a truth.

I read the first issue of NEO Magazine once upon a time, lol'ed my ass off, and never bought it again. Unfortunately for that particular publication, a website like Wikipedia is about all the research they essentially need to to explain an obscure series to Joe Public in the United Kingdom.

Knowledge is not valued much, anymore. And delivering opinion as fact is terribly droll.

Every single fan of the GENRE I've ever met thinks Shonen is manly enough to be considered a GENRE in itself.

'Course, a Weeaboo wouldn't know.

Lupus Inu said:
F.F. said:
It seems people don't get the meaning of the term Shonen.
Seems you don't either, dawg. Considering it's not a genre but a form of demographics.
Its both, But.. You really can't complain about D. Gray Man - Its serialized in the Weekly Shonen JUMP, Or a literal translation being Weekly young boy JUMP. It might not be good, But it must have its fans for it to be going for as long as it has been and spawned a animu series. I agree with Lupus more though, It works better as a demographic - To-LOVE-Ru is like a Romance, Comedy and its demographic is Shonen. Its a lot different to your average beat'em up in JUMP.

In response to your long arrogant elite post talking about Weaboo's when you yourself are indeed one - Be quiet, Your disrupting the peace!

Actually, Where did you learn that whatever the **** you believe Shonen to be is the truth since over half of the anime fandom disagrees with you.

Lupus Inu said:
... God damn, you talk like, a lot.

A WINNER IS ME.

Jayme said:
In response to your long arrogant elite post talking about Weaboo's when you yourself are indeed one - Be quiet, Your disrupting the peace!

Actually, Where did you learn that whatever the **** you believe Shonen to be is the truth since over half of the anime fandom disagrees with you.

I'm disrupting nothing. I'm merely trying to widen the horizons of the OP.

You make no sense. At all.

Clearly, you personally know over half the fandom in the entire World, too.

YOUNG BOY JUMPS.

CitizenGeek said:
Trigunette said:
Now one of the most eagerly awaited releases for me is Vertical re-releasing Black Jack starting in the autumn of this year.

Oh, this is awesome news to me! Where did you hear about this? ^_^

Yeah it's made of pure awesome all right. Actually I've seen it in quite a few manga blogs, and as V have already been busy releasing Osamu Tezuka's works, let's hope they've signed the dotted line and all goes smoothly. If all goes well and I suppose if it sells well, there'll more in store for us. Here for instance:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11743.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... jack-manga

Oh shoot the last url is a bit long :? copy paste to go

Trigunette said:
Now one of the most eagerly awaited releases for me is Vertical re-releasing Black Jack starting in the autumn of this year.
Before Blackjack, Vertical are releasing Dororo - I want! (yes I'm a bit of a Tezuka fan as well :D )

Dracos said:
I will give Mail a go it sounds like my sort of thing.

I still spend way too much on western comics at the moment but as things come to an end I try not to start up anything new unless I really want it, which means I can channel a little more money into manga and anime.

The one thing I hate about getting in at the start of titles is as you have said the wait between volumes sometimes up to six months, it really kills when they end on a good cliffhanger. I am friendly with the guy with the comics and collectables in the market where I pick up my comics and other bits, he sometimes gives me his copy of ICv2 Guide To Manga/Anime which comes with his order forms. On reading one of the articles I realised how picky we may have to get, as this year they recon on average there will be 33 new volumes of manga released each week in the US.

Whoa that sounds a bit like flooding the market doesn't it :?
Seventeen hundred volumes of manga oh man, I don't have the time or the money to check out all that lot. Never mind pickey, sounds like drastic measures will be in need.
But the most annoying thing of all will be the older volumes that go out of print, never to be re-released again. I feel like some sort of hunting-and -gathering weirdo finally to track down a copy. Then not buying it as the price has sky-rocketed. I did actually buy one volume in German (part of a series that was totally unavailable, minor genre, market somewhat saturated, no reprint going to happen, ever) well the other option was to pay 250 quid for the English one or never get it at all. Admittedly my German is a bit rusty, but atleast I got the gist of what happens in the meantime and the majority of the dialogue. Still, it's not really satisfying is it. Next stop; learn to read, write, and speak, fluent Japanese.

Ushio wrote:
Before Blackjack, Vertical are releasing Dororo - I want! (yes I'm a bit of a Tezuka fan as well Very Happy )

I'm sooo there :D End of spring can't get here soon enough. Whoohoo Dororo!

I'm re-reading Samurai Executioner and Lone Wolf And Cub there's historical gory for you by the bucket load, love it so much.

I hated the anime :lol: Im on ep 7 and I cant bring myself to watch anymore. The voice acting on the dub is HORRID and that stupid character whos keeps using excessive swearing (the guy with the piercing who seems sex obbsessed) just annoys me too much.

no english dubs for me... I get a bit of the japanese in them anyway, even though I'm not fluent. I used subtitles to do the trick.

Its the same as I always say Hunter X Hunter, even though Togashi is always on/off hiatus of it since volume 25.... :x

Back