Manga printing?

Churchy99

Adventurer
Well I bought Shaman King volume 1 the other day and I'm really enjoying it so far but when I got about half way through - one of the pages had this huge mass of black over it - but luckily it was not in an important bit and I could just about make out what was being said but I just wandered, does this happen often with manga? and is it just a case of bad printing?

I think i've had something simillar witha page of hellsing but it wasn't overly black and there was no speech still kind of annoying. I've also had extra black ink as if a roller hadn't been cleaned or something, i think it's just the cheap printing methods used but as it happens rarely i'm not to fussed

Insanity prelude said:
I think i've had something simillar witha page of hellsing but it wasn't overly black and there was no speech still kind of annoying. I've also had extra black ink as if a roller hadn't been cleaned or something, i think it's just the cheap printing methods used but as it happens rarely i'm not to fussed

Yeah i wasn't particularly fussed either but I was just curious as to why or what might have happened!

I bought a particularly poorly-printed volume of ROD once - half the pages were faded. I could still read it, though, so I kept it.

Churchy99 said:
I was just curious as to why or what might have happened!

i would have to say something to do with the printing proccess (no sh** huh? i hear you say) in our cases the printing medium being overinked and in the other examples the proccess running low on ink. Seeing as i don't know exactly how the medium is printed i can't be more precise.

I get that too. It's just what happens, like I.P's situation with too much/less ink.
My Battle Vixen collections has one or two faded pages, and I'm sure there's others around, but it's not too bad. I can read it still.

Back