manga on play.com?

Martin

Death Scythe
has anyone bought manga from play.com? the anime DVD section has always been great, but i've never payed much attention to how much manga they have in stock. they seems to do a few good titles including Love Hina and Fruits Basket but they seem to have an annoying habit of not stating which volumes are which so you can't be sure which number you're looking at...

Yep....ordered a few volumes of Tokyo Babylon from them quite recently, you have to check the ISBN but other than that good service.

sounds like a plan then. i've recently acquired a slight manga addiction, possibly because manga books are half the price of DVDs!

But amazon has free shipping on orders over £19 :p and i always end up spending £19 or more on manga lol

The avaliblity on Amazon is all over the place too which means big orders can take weeks to arrive with free p+p. PLay on the other hand despatch items seperately so you're guaranteed some manga within the week.

Iused to buy off amazon alot but there where to slow and it always took so long for me to get something ..... i perfer play.com alot better.

I haven't bought manga from play yet but I am might by some soon includng Demon ororon vol.1 when they get it in stock.

I've had no problems ordering manga from play, the only trouble is that you can't buy imported books from them, so it's mainly Tokyopop titles (still have to resort to amazon for Viz stuff). It's perfect for the times when you just want to buy the odd book without spending over £19 on an order or paying £2.75 postage.

Play's listing is horrendous though, so if you do want to buy something, check the cover on Amazon so that you know what you're getting, since you can't enlarge the ones on Play.

I always look up the ISBN on Anime On-Line, they seem to be the only site that gives decent listing details for graphic novels.

Rurouni H said:
Play's listing is horrendous though, so if you do want to buy something, check the cover on Amazon so that you know what you're getting, since you can't enlarge the ones on Play.

I was going to buy some chobits volumes from there but i hate the fact that they don't say which ones they are, i don't trust it going by cover alone, sometimes they get them wrong.

IanC said:
But amazon has free shipping on orders over £19 :p and i always end up spending £19 or more on manga lol

I buy well over £19, then it says I can have the super saver deliverythingy. But then again I always end up paying for first class delivery 'cause I'm too impatient and can't wait 3-5 days for delivery.

I do like Play.com for buying anime and I have bought a few manga books from there. Sometimes it can work out to be cheaper buying from there seeing as they have the free delivery thingy. Which is good.

Im looking to buy some Anime since i always buy manga i was hoping some1 could help me out. like what to buy and where to get it

I also highly recommend Play.com and up1.com. Play offers free delivery and Up1 will deliver the next day (most of the time) if the item you have ordered is in stock and if you order before midday.

Back