Manga for £3

Animo said:
Dont know if its just at my borders but my friend told me that manga is going for £3 each at Borders.
I was in Borders last week and they had some Tanoshimi titles with half price stickers on them.

It's some first volumes of stuff like Tsubasa, Xxxholic, Ghost Hunt and Negima, so it's pretty cool if you're interested in any of those. (they looked like they'd been sitting there a while, so maybe not all stores still will still have them)

Yeah I went to check out this sale yesterday but the mangas it applies to are main 1st volumes and of series I already have and collect. Its a good way to get people into the series thoguh by offering the 1st volume cheap as a taster

McIcy said:
Yeah I went to check out this sale yesterday but the mangas it applies to are main 1st volumes and of series I already have and collect. Its a good way to get people into the series thoguh by offering the 1st volume cheap as a taster

yeah good marketing skills

I was in borders today, decided to finally pick up Tsubasa and Xxxholic, but their copies of Xxxholic weren't in the sale, so I didn't bother.

RichB06 said:
I picked up vol 1 of Xxxholic for £2.99, my first ever manga!
now.. is it any good? :)
Coincidence, I read this for the first time last night after having bought it in this offer. I enjoyed more than I thought I would which is a bit annoying as I want to buy more now, lol! It's similar to Tokyo Babylon, but not quite as sinister.

Hope you like it as well! :)

Ushio said:
RichB06 said:
I picked up vol 1 of Xxxholic for £2.99, my first ever manga!
now.. is it any good? :)
Coincidence, I read this for the first time last night after having bought it in this offer. I enjoyed more than I thought I would which is a bit annoying as I want to buy more now, lol! It's similar to Tokyo Babylon, but not quite as sinister.

Hope you like it as well! :)

Its a quality manga, but I have to say I preferred the anime, the relationships come through a lot stronger on screen compared to on paper, well in this series they do anyway

Back