Manga Entertainment to release FMA: Brotherhood OVAs

Shiroi Hane said:
Rui said:
if they hadn't tripped up there they could well have managed to announce it before the US version started shipping, or ideally, before it went up for preorder in the first place, which makes it easier to consider their editions. MVM has done that with their Mayo Chiki acquisition
FUNi have done that with Summer Wars, Eva and Hellsing and I think ended up getting in trouble with FUNi.

I'm assuming the first FUNi was a Manga :)

I can see why it would be a problem if they have sublicensed from the US or made a special deal which relies on discretion, but if they have negotiated something entirely with the Japanese side themselves and are just waiting to swipe some materials then surely it will be fine. It's not like the US company is going to be beaten to the actual release since they'll be creating the dub for themselves first anyway before sending it Manga's way. I guess the other companies (including the Australian ones who announce early) must be asking permission rather than blurting things out suddenly.

R

Rui said:
I guess the other companies (including the Australian ones who announce early) must be asking permission rather than blurting things out suddenly.

R

Or they're big enough to not have terms dictated to them by a single US company.

Back