Manga Ent. UK dominate London MCM

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Eye on Anime were at today's London MCM Expo event and several new UK acquisitions have been revealed.<ul>Manga Ent. UK have acquired the following:<li>Casshern Robot Hunter OAV</li><li>Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence</li><li>Millenium Actress (due for September DVD release)</li><li>Robotech (all 84 episodes of the digitally re-mastered version)</li><li>Street Fighter Alpha: Generations</li>
Manga Ent. UK have also confirmed:<li>They will be working alongside Australia's Madman Ent. to produce an English language dub of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. They will try to reunite the dub voice actors from Stand Alone Complex for the movie.</li><li>A UK box set for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is being planned.</li><li>Manga Ent. UK have more new releasesto announce later in the year.</li>
ADV UK:<li>They are planning a special edition of Spriggan, set for release in September.</li><li>Rumour suggest they also hold the UK rights for The Places Promised in our Early Days (Beyond the Clouds)</li></ul>More news will be posted as it comes in.

Some decent surprises then :)

Millenium Actress is my favourite off that list. A great film.

Also, I'm happy for dub fans that Innocence will be getting some decent treatment, lets hope it sells well enough and maybe even forces a few US anime fans to import from us for once ;) And I am so buying the Stand Alone Complex box set!

Wish i could say thanks to Manga somehow, since i would never pick up a Dreamworks release of GiTs 2, due to comments one of their higher ups made :( but this means i dont have to worry!

BTW, according to eyeonanime Mnaga will be getting some UK exuive feaures for SAC, and ADV will be getting Clements to do a commentry on Spriggan.

It's interesting that both Robotech and Robot Hunter Casshern are long running retro series; will they sell well enough in the UK? Hmmm.

EDIT: Actually, there appears to be a Casshern OAV too. I assume they have probably picked this one up instead.

Millennium Actress? Wow, Manga releasing something that I'm actually peripherally interested in. Not unheard of, I suppose, but still pretty unusual. I also applaud their efforts at producing a dub for Innocence, even though I'm not interested in the film itself.

Finally, someone picks up the rights to Satoshi Kon's Millenium Actress... (I suppose it makes more sense that it's Manga when you consider that they released Perfect Blue, which shares the same Director and a roughly similar premise). I'll be looking forward to it, and it frankly renders news that Innocence will appear as a mere bonus.

I do have to agree with all the Millenium Actress praise, it's by far the best thing on that list. Innocence is alright, although it is weighed down by it's heavy emphasis on cryptic philosophy. Basically, I need to watch it a few more times to get a feel for what is going on!

Massively disappointed with manga's new acquisitions. Apart from Millenium Actress these look very dire, Robotech but no Macross and tired old series such as Casshern. Shame on ADV too Spriggan's okay but underserving of the special ed. treatment and no Saiyuki......*sobs

dominate?

I only just discovered your site, so this is my first post, and I'm not trying to be a troll, but just how did Manga "dominate" the MCM event (I was there)? ADV and MVM were also there, sure Manga had the nicer stand, but surely the dominating force of the event was the Star Trek boys & girls?

To be honest Manga served up very little that was even new, let alone dominating. Apart from the news that GITS2 will get a re-dub in 2006, the news was kind of :roll: And on that subject, is just me, or does every GITS release have a problem that requires yet another bug fix re-release? Man that franchise is so unlucky in it's production problems :wink:

From the perspective of someone who was mostly interested in discovering any new UK anime acquisitions and/or exciting announcements, I think it's fair to say that Manga dominated the weekend. Of course I didn't intend to put a negative spin on the efforts of any of the other UK companies, I was just more interested in praising Manga UK's recent, and well overdue, revival.

Also, while I'm sure the Star Trek events were cool. I'm a dedicated anime fan and so naturally the prospective arrival of Millenium Actress is bound to catch my imagination slightly more ;)

And welcome to the forums by the way :) Hope to see you around.

When they say SAC is getting a Boxset, do they mean that they'll be supplying just the box, or that you purchase the whole series at once in its own special boxset?

I only own volume 1 so far. Knowing this now could save me money! :lol:

Well don't forget there is another London MCM Expo on the 29th & 30th October and there is sure to be some more breaking news and a larger Anime Area.

www.londonexpo.com

Back