Manga Ent. get Hellsing Ultimate, Origin Spirits of the Past

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Manga Ent. UK have confirmed two new UK anime licenses.

<li><em><strong>Hellsing Ultimate</strong></em> is a high-quality OVA re-animation of Kouta Hirano's popular vampire/horror action manga. So far, the series consists of only 4 four episodes (releases began in Japan during 2006), but it remains an on-going project in Japan, where a new fifth episode expected at some point in 2008. Hellsing Ultimate isn't related to 2001's 13 episode TV anime of same name, which, towards its end, completely diverged from Hirano's (then in-complete) original story.</li>

<li>In addition to Hellsing Ultimate, Manga Ent. have also picked up the theatrical movie <em><strong>Origin Spirits of the Past.</strong></em> The 2006 sci-fi/fantasy flick was Studio (Hellsing, Gantz, Last Exile) Gonzo's first theatrical effort (followed up by Brave Story). In promotion of the film, there will be a free screening (tickets are limited) at Manchester's Arndale Centre on Monday, 26th May.</li>

You forgot to mention Manga Entertainment have licensed "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". Click. They wrote about it in their latest Mangazine, as well. That and Hellsing are two pieces I'm immensely looking forward to owning. As for Origins, I remember Daniel moaning at me about how epic it was.. He linked me a video and it certainly looks amazing. If just by visuals.

Jayme said:
You forgot to mention Manga Entertainment have licensed "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time".

Though The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is being listed on these all websites, it can't be confirmed as officially licensed yet. Hopefully there will be some news/clarification on that at the London Expo. Anyway, I'm looking forward to taking another look at Hellsing Ultimate. I've only seen the first episode, but that seemed to rush through the story (almost to the point of incoherence, lucky I've seen the TV anime).

Manga seem to be licencing several Geneon series. With them not being released in the states does that mean when we catch up with the US releases to whichever volume they've made it to are the UK releases just going to stop dead?

If they end up prizing Brave Story from Optimum's inactive hands, I'll be happy.

It's probably not that good, but after forcing myself to read the novel before watching the film, only to find the film cancelled as soon as I put the book down, I want to see it badly!

Though it's not likely, considering America don't even have it yet.

Lupus Inu said:
I'm going to buy both, but... it's a Gonzo movie, it can't be bad, right, guys?

It's an immensely fantastic film, that must be viewed. If you were to make a comparison to something, it would be a futuristic (although not as you'd expect) Ghibli epic. Although, it's not. It took Gonzo 7-8 years to produce as the director wanted everything perfect, for example instead of making all water effects using CG they hand-drew it all, and you can really tell. Seriously, it's a must see, and I have to say that the AUKN review vastly underrates it.

I was going to mention my idea that Manga might be in a deal with Geneon (even though the source says otherwise), but that's for the next piece of news :D

EDIT: Oh, and as for Origin. If Manga Ent give it a better release than R1 (which is slightly possible, even at Manga Ent's standards), then I'll have to buy it and use the packaging. Funimation really let the fans down. As for it being licensed by Manga in the first place, that's odd, this is the first Gonzo title that Manga have got - I have a feeling Funimation is bothering less with Revelation as it's probably not being very profitable for them. I'm just really hoping Manga Ent get a good master to work with, that they can use to not make the 4% speed up, but I highly doubt that. It will probably be several more years until I ever get to see Origin the way it's meant to be (without Funimations absolutely ****** attempt at an encode), on Blu-ray!

And why am I using Origin all the time. Agito's Silver Hair suits the movie much better - it's the proper title anyway. Origin, where the hell did that come from >_>

As far as I'm aware, Manga dealt with GDH (Gonzo) to get Hellsing Ultimate, Origin and a lot of their other titles. So, rather than a Geneon revival, it's more like Gonzo cementing their position over here.

Wow, glad to hear the Gonzo movie is so good! Will definitely be picking that up now!

Think I'll get ADV's Hellsing set soon, and then pick up Hellsing Ultimate when it comes out :]

melonpan said:
I have a feeling Funimation is bothering less with Revelation as it's probably not being very profitable for them.
Tell me I'm not the only one whom instantaneously thought ONE PIECE when they read that. ;p Having Manga being a distributor for several US companies does in fact sound like a decent idea. ADV US could have done it.

Paul said:
Though The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is being listed on these all websites, it can't be confirmed as officially licensed yet. Hopefully there will be some news/clarification on that at the London Expo.
They were advertising it at the allnighter last week. It's on the back cover of the main brochure. There's also the artwork available here:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5343585/ ... chsource=0

Perhaps not 'official' official, but as near as dammit. :wink:

Strait Jacket's down for September as well...

I am deffo gonna buy Origin. I am a sucker for fantasy anime. Manga seem to actually releasing stuff I actually want now!

CitizenGeek said:
The more I hear about Origin, the more excited I get about it! :]

Best to get the name "Origin" out of your head to be honest. "Agito's Silver Hair" is better by epic proportions; a direct translation from the Japanese title "gin-iro no kami no agito".

"Origin" means nothing.

Back