Manga at the NFT during the BFI's anime film festival

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Manga UK are looking out for anime fans to help them during August's anime film festival at the London NFT.

"Manga Entertainment need some volunteers who are based in London to help put together some goodie bags for the NFT on the 10th August. The goodie bags will contain stock from Manga, ADV, Tokyo Pop, JAL and Nintendo. In return for doing this Manga will provide you with £100 worth of DVD's plus free admission for you and a friend to the NFT for the Anime Film Festival which is happening between the 11th August - 24th August.

If you are interested in taking part then please email <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> with your name and contact number and we will be in touch."

i have just e-mailed them, to show my interest. gotta kill the holiday time somehow, hehe.
also can anyone give me the exact location or address of where this will be??
cos i gotta know where in london, as i could not find that out.

just sent my email, would be the first time ive done anything like this, sounds like a good oppertunity though.

Gawyn said:
NFT is around the Waterloo region of London as I understand it, just off Waterloo Bridge.
hmm, doesnt seem that far from where i am, sounds neat!
thanks for the info.
hope i get selected as i am dreading the boring days right now.

Ninja Boy! said:
hope i get selected as i am dreading the boring days right now.
It's only for the day, but it's a day away from the usual stuff at least!

I got a reply yesterday to confrim that I actually live in London as they can't offer travel expenses (were people actually asking for payment for a volunteer thing?), but they haven't really replied officially yet.

Hopefully they'll let me know properly soon! :D

Ushio said:
I got a reply yesterday to confrim that I actually live in London as they can't offer travel expenses (were people actually asking for payment for a volunteer thing?), but they haven't really replied officially yet.

you got a reply! damn, i just hope i get one soon, or i hope i didnt delete it bya ccident, through the junk mail. :?

Ninja Boy! said:
Ushio said:

you got a reply! damn, i just hope i get one soon, or i hope i didnt delete it bya ccident, through the junk mail. :?
Not had a second reply and it all goes down tomorrow so I don't know what to do! I think it was a yes when they wrote before and just never replied a second time to reconfirm. Dunno... :?

woot woot! got my email reply today :)

it says for thursday the 17th, and maybe the friday aswell.
just got to confirm i can make it!

who else is attending? :D

cool looks like im going for sure now, just gotta choose what films i would like to see and what dvd's i would like from the manga catalog!!

sweeeeet..... :D

Reno said:
woot woot! got my email reply today :)

it says for thursday the 17th, and maybe the friday aswell.
just got to confirm i can make it!

who else is attending? :D
I got the reply as well. I can only do the Friday so they'll let me know if I'm needed or not.

well as the 17th grows ever near, im looking forward to it but am also nervous as its the first time doing anything like this.
i wonder exactly what we are going to be doing?

proberly dressing up in big lobster suits and handing out flyers outside the NFT, :D

so all i can say is if anybody is going on the thursday, check my personal gallery, and if you see me on the day, dont be afraid to say hello! :D

hehe cool.
btw, i was wondering, hey Reno
i kept getting reply's from the NFT peeps and she kept asking me if you are going to attend the screenings and which titles. but the thing is, i dont know what they are screening, and when. if you or anyone else do know then please help out!

yeah i didnt know what they was screening either,

so i checked there site and fount they were showing spirited away on the saturday, proberly wont go though,

thanks for that.
i e-mailed them today mornign and hopefully they should allow me.

well it looks like it all goes down tomo hehe. looks like i may see some of you there
btw, i may be wearing my fave naruto t-shirt tomo (the one with the uchiha symbol on the back and it says naruto on the front)
so if you see me, dont be afraid to say hello :)

lol ok cool hope to see you there!!,
i just hope i can find my way there easilly, ive got to leave quite early im not to good with using the tube and will proberly get off at the wrong station :) lol

Back