UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

They did give replacement discs to those who initially complained, once it was seen they were doing so more people enquired about it and were told there were no more replacements being handed out for the dodgy chapter marking.
Literally it was the people moaned first and loudest (on Twitter)
From what I know anyone who contacted them and showed proof of purchase with the Deluxe set and returned the discs got a replace for the first few months.
I don't know anything beyond that though it is a shame if some people missed out but I'd say try contact them if you really wanted a replacement as you never know.

Sounds like an issue to do with the use of unapproved assets. This is most likely outside of Mangas control as they can get approval from one part of the committee only for another part to object later.

They wouldn't demand the removal of all social media posts/site references to the license if it was unapproved assets.

Sounds like the license wasn't actually done properly meaning Manga had no valid license for a regional release.

Sounds like Funi being knobs to me, not even letting Manga reveal the reason they told them to cease and desist.

There are always an NDA around licenses. It's not really being a knob to protect internal information.

Madman had similiar issues, but seem to have worked out, but the item code changed showing its now being just redistributed for funi.

Most likely FUNi didn't have the right to sub-license, but can distribute there themselves. So all we'll probably see is the product return, but be a FUNi product being redistributed by Manga instead of a MangaUK product

Most likely FUNi didn't have the right to sub-license, but can distribute there themselves. So all we'll probably see is the product return, but be a FUNi product being redistributed by Manga instead of a MangaUK product
While I don't know, I would have presumed that in order to have gotten to the stage of actually manufacturing and distributing it, Manga would surely have had to have in their possession a piece of paper from Funi saying that's what they were legally allowed to do. If Funi had given them that right without actually having the right to do so, then surely the fault would still lie with them rather than with Manga? So I'm gonna stick with Funi being knobs until I hear otherwise.

Regardless of who's at fault, it's Manga we're talking about so a PAL DVD release split in two parts long long after Funi release a complete bluray collection in the US is the best we can hope for.

While I don't know, I would have presumed that in order to have gotten to the stage of actually manufacturing and distributing it, Manga would surely have had to have in their possession a piece of paper from Funi saying that's what they were legally allowed to do. If Funi had given them that right without actually having the right to do so, then surely the fault would still lie with them rather than with Manga? So I'm gonna stick with Funi being knobs until I hear otherwise.
This is not supposed to imply this happened with CCS CC.
But as absurb as it sounds, something like that is actually something that has already happened. France has had a case where a publisher just went ahead and published something they actually didn't have the licence of. (Déclic Images - Wikipedia )
In terms of manga releases there is also the infamous case of Four Shoujo Stories. (Though that was having the licenses for the content, but not the right to put it out as they did.)

This is not supposed to imply this happened with CCS CC.
But as absurb as it sounds, something like that is actually something that has already happened. France has had a case where a publisher just went ahead and published something they actually didn't have the licence of. (Déclic Images - Wikipedia )
In terms of manga releases there is also the infamous case of Four Shoujo Stories. (Though that was having the licenses for the content, but not the right to put it out as they did.)
Interesting bit of industry history. Also I love how that wiki article is written, it reads like a trailer for a movie about the company. I can even hear it in the movie trailer guy's voice:
A commercial war began in 2002... Déclic Images was in need of a coup... In 2005 everything changed for the young company.

FrW6YG6.png

Back