Magical Suite Prism Nana Trailer Released

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
On Friday at Comic Market 82 in Tokyo, SHAFT presented the first promotional video of their upcoming original television Magical Girl anime Magical Suite Prism Nana. The story centres around three emotional adolescent girls from a not-too-distant future (who seem to be in some kind of band...as well as being Magical Girls).

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie6UdAPi7NY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie6UdAPi7NY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The trailer also announced that Kantoku (The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat) is responsible for the character designs.

Source.

Why do I get the impression they held a meeting at shaft where someone said Madoka worked really well and then someone else said K-On is still selling really well.

That enemy they blasted looked fairly freaky, tho perhaps not as freaky as the Madoka witches.

Before Madoka aired two years ago when it was announced, I thought it was going to be a satire of the Magical Girl genre, since SHAFT have worked on Sayanora Zetsubou sensei etc. Of course that's wasn't the case.

This time i'm expecting this to be a satire or a well-written magical girl show, it looks pretty damn good looking at that PV.

Lastly, Shinbo hasn't been confirmed as the director yet (I would imagine he will be busy with the Madoka Movies & Sasami-san@Ganbaranai), so this could be someone else, hoping for someone like Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann) to lead this project.

Rosencrantz said:
Why do I get the impression they held a meeting at shaft where someone said Madoka worked really well and then someone else said K-On is still selling really well.

That enemy they blasted looked fairly freaky, tho perhaps not as freaky as the Madoka witches.
The whole scene with the enemy looked like a rather watered down version of the witch scenes from Madoka to be honest.

I'm expecting this to be a typical light-hearted Magical Girl to troll people expecting another Madoka xD.

I don't think it's sensible to expect "another Madoka", since the real driving force behind Madoka's tone was Urobuchi's writing. SHAFT have more of a history with comedy, anyway, it's not like they just turned up with Madoka and hadn't done anything of note beforehand.

ilmaestro said:
I don't think it's sensible to expect "another Madoka", since the real driving force behind Madoka's tone was Urobuchi's writing. SHAFT have more of a history with comedy, anyway, it's not like they just turned up with Madoka and hadn't done anything of note beforehand.
Exactly. I think people expecting it to be a Madoka just because it's SHAFT and Magical Girls are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Back