Magic Knight Rayearth

Rukia Kuchiki

Completely Average High School Student
Magic Knight Rayearth was one of Clamps first maga (I think),after picking up the two boxsets (Only £29.99 each now on import for me).At first I thought it was your typical Sailor Moon clone,but as the seiries progressed I really started to like it,and there's a big twist at the end no-one would expect (well I wouldn't anyway XD).Anyway here's a little introduction to the series. "Three junior high school girls hear a voice pleading for them to save Cephiro, a magical world where belief is power. It is Princess Emeraude, the Pillar, whose will maintains the peace of Cephiro. When the peace is threatened, she uses her last bit of strength to summon forth the three destined to become Magical Knights and save her world." Now,it may not sound very good at first glance but trust me, it's a great mix of Magical girl,action,mecha and loads of others genres all in one series!.I recommend this series to any who has liked Sailor Moon but doesn't like the same old monster of the day thing,or anyone who just wants to see a damn good anime! :D,the animation while old does it's purpose well, you can see in some of the action scenes that the show is quite old.Anyway,I recommend you try and import this anime now!. :p

You overpaid on the first boxset, as it's supposed to be cheaper than the first (less episodes!!), I only paid £22.40 for mine.

MKR has always been one of my top 5 shoujo anime (for about 4 years anyway :D ). To date I think I've seen it 6 times, but will eventually watch it a 7th when I get around to buying the 2nd economy boxset. I'm kinda glad I didn't buy the official boxsets when I was tempted to 4 years ago, as, if I remember rightly, they would have cost me £110 + £130 for season 1 & 2 :shock:

The series definitely picks up in the 2nd season, mainly because of Eagle Vision - yummy :wink:

I have to say I can't see the similarities to Sailor Moon, as I don't really class is at a true Magical Girl anime. There's no transformations and no magical wands/sceptres, plus MKR has mechs :D There is of course the "cute pet" but that's it!!
I also recommend you read the manga, it's a much shorter version of the story, as there are only 6 volumes, but it's really good too.

Back