Madman.com.au, experience

Baggie_Saiyan

Thousand Master
So, I have been looking for a decent place to order Aus BD's. And decided to see if Madman shipped worldwide, and if so how much. I signed up and everything and it says

"If outside Australia you will be exempt from goods and services tax." So they guarantee no customs to here, UK? I feel like this too good to be true lol

What is anyone else's experience from them?

I think you misinterpreted the taxes. Basically, they won't charge you Australian tax, because you will get charged import tax. Using Madoka as an example seeing as it's in my bookmarks:
Vujz2ob.png
4ZJ7foA.png

You see how the cost goes down from the actual price once you process the order? That's the tax deduction. The tax you pay will be upon import.

I've used madman to get dvd's not blu ray. Postage is charged depending on how heavy or how many you buy. If its 1 BD then its about 9 AUS dollar. I've not been hit by import tax when it reached the UK because on the form on the box they put it down as 'DVD Sample' with the price of 5 AUS dollar.

The Nile.au, sanity and orcharddvd are all Australia/ New Zealand based. From personal experience I know Nile.
au packages avoid VAT charges.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I think you misinterpreted the taxes. Basically, they won't charge you Australian tax, because you will get charged import tax. Using Madoka as an example seeing as it's in my bookmarks:

snip

You see how the cost goes down from the actual price once you process the order? That's the tax deduction. The tax you pay will be upon import.

Ahh, I see. Thank you.

Back