MACROSS PLUS - Advice

demonj007

Brigade Leader
I have just been browsing the top 10 lists around the net and found Macross Plus, does anyone know anything about it? Have you seen it?

I heard it comprises of four episodes and a movie (when looking on ebay).
Sounds good but of course i dont want to pick up a duff DVD.

Macross Plus is great. The movie is a slighty different re-telling of the 4 eps. The characters, story and especially the music are great. The action sequences are really good, especially the part where Isamu is coming through the Earth's atmosphere and being shot at by the defence system. It is something everyone should see at least once (watched it about 10 times so far :lol: ).

It's a fantastic series that mixes some interesting sci-fi concepts (like AI) with romance and mecha action. The animation, though obviously CG, looks great and the soundtrack by Yoko Kanno (of Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne fame) is one of the best.

If you're a mecha fan, pick it up; it's still one of the best examples of the genre available, with planes that transform into giant robots (if you've seen Robotech, you should know wat to expect, as the first half of that was made from the original Macross series). Even if you're not a big mecha fan, there's still plenty there for everyone, so it's still well worth a look.

The movie is a compilation of the four episodes, with a few differences and a couple of new bits added. The movie is subs only, but the episodes are both subbed and dubbed. It's about the only Macross series available in the UK, but is definately one of the best.

My personal opinion: it's effin' excellent.

Ok thanks for that i think i may invest in this title, im also going to buy Escaflowne as soon as i finish Ghost in the Shell, i really cant wait!

i highly recommend Macross Plus - an excellent series. the film is included as well, so it doesn't matter if you prefer one or the other.

Escaflowne is another absolute classic. fantasy, adventure, romance, mecha and drama, it has it all!

Macross Plus was actually the first anime i ever bought

its a great series and one i'll have to watch again.

However if you buy the box set just so you know.

Theres 3 oav and the movie. The movie is really just a re-telling of the oav

oh and escaflowne is da bomb :p

Back