Maburaho

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Synopsis - Our main character is the seventeen-year-old high school student, Kazuki Shikimori. He attends the elite school for training people in the art of using magic, Aoi Academy, but as for his grades, it would be faster to count his rank starting at the bottom. On top of that, he can only use magic eight times in his whole life! Because he’ll turn into dust if he uses up his magic, he spends his days depressed, unable to even use magic. Plus he now has 4 girls after his genes as within them is locked away the most powerful magic and whoever bares his child will have unlimited power.

So I just finished a 12 hour night shift and managed to watch the entire shift in one night. I have to say for the most part I enjoyed the light humour and the relationships between the characters. Personally it could have been summed up in 13 episodes and not the 24 it actually goes on for.

It has one of those annoying flaws where the characters keep vital info from each other and when Kazuki is being hunted down he doesn't tell anyone instead goes off on his own all the time.

Problems with the ending....
1. The ending is a cop-out designed to let a second series continue on from the first

2. They don't tell you how much magic power he now has so even though he becomes human you don't know if that effected his powers. like does he actually have any magic left or is he reset to only being able to cast 8 more spells or did his genes awaken and he is able to become the worlds most powerful wizards???

3. Why split him into 6 people, its just an annoying new question that ruined what could have been a perfectly good ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back