Lunar Legend Tsukihime ** possible spoilers**

Bluedragon

Brigade Leader
i just got the 3rd vol of Tsukihime today and first wow i really didnt expect the ending in fact ive never been that emotional since aeris died in FF7

but the amazing ending aside why is this only 3 vols i mean seems kinda short i mean there 20 summet epsiodes but i mean just 3 vols im either missing summet here or this is the shortest anime ever.lol

Tsukihime was only ever 12 episodes long, airing as a single season with one less episode than the typical 13 episodes. I saw it a long time ago on fansub, have the Japanese DVDs and anticipated a UK release for a long time before it came to light. I'd just like someone to translate the game it is based on now... :).

12 epsiode runs aren't entirely unheard of. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, which ADV began their run of this week, is only 12 episodes long (although ADV are stretching that over four volumes :() to name one of recent times.

Tsukihime is really dark and i characters are nice i particular liked volume 2's ep .on the fairground ride and each of the females just didn't like each other it was fun tro watch. However i wish there was more fights between Ciel and Arcuid. People should check out Fate stay night which is Moon's next project based on the same universe as Tuskime

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm something of a fan of the Type-Moon works, despite having not played the games; Tsukihime and now Fate/Stay Night are both spectacular series for me. I think Tsukihime's relatively short, one-season run still did the series justice.

As an aside, a twelve episode run is both not uncommon (the recent example would be Paradise Kiss) and not that short; this season tv series such as Shinigami No Ballad will air in six installments, and then we can consider OVAs and films.

Chomolungma said:
I'm something of a fan of the Type-Moon works, despite having not played the games; Tsukihime and now Fate/Stay Night are both spectacular series for me. I think Tsukihime's relatively short, one-season run still did the series justice.

LOL i have played the game i have to say it is wicked beyond belief shame that it's only in japan. Theres an artbook of Fate stay night sitting lying on my bedroom looking pretty. ^^

As an aside, a twelve episode run is both not uncommon (the recent example would be Paradise Kiss) and not that short; this season tv series such as Shinigami No Ballad will air in six installments, and then we can consider OVAs and films.

Yeah twelve eps is common hell i can name a dozen examples , OVAS on the orther you can question depending how lazy the anime staff are. So far Hunter X Hunter OVAS have gone on for a long time , while other shows such as Mizuiro ~Water Blue~ 2003 was just 2 OVA and they stand the be stand alone.

Back