Love Live! The School Idol Movie Heads To MCM Loves Anime!

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
The United Kingdom's capitol city of London received a surprised visit in 2011 when the historic locale served as the setting for a performance from Kyoto Animation's premiere Light Music Club, After-School Tea Time, when it served as the setting for&nbsp;<strong>K-ON! The Movie</strong>&nbsp;and now&nbsp;four years on, another&nbsp;anime music sensations is set to give the show of their fictional lives to a new global audience.

Following a brief period of teasing from Anime Limited, today the Glasgow-based distributor&nbsp;officially announced that the&nbsp;highly anticipated&nbsp;<strong>Love Live! The School Idol Movie</strong>&nbsp;has been added to the line-up of the upcoming MCM Loves Anime one-day film festival.&nbsp;

With the graduation of their senior members looming, this theatrical sequel to&nbsp;Sunrise's incredibly popular musical comedy sees the now-famous school idol group &mu;'s holding their most exciting live performance yet.

MCM Loves Anime is currently scheduled to take place at The Crystal on Saturday 24th October. In addition to&nbsp;<strong>Love Live! The School Idol Movie</strong>, the line-up currently includes&nbsp;<strong>Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin I: Blue-Eyed Casval</strong>, the world premiere of&nbsp;<strong>Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow</strong>&nbsp;and two currently unnanounced films. Tickets can be purchased from here. The event is scheduled to last from 13:00 to 22:00, with&nbsp;<strong>Love! Live: The School Idol Movie</strong>'s screening currently scheduled for 17:15.

The first season of the television anime,<strong> Love Live! School Idol Project</strong>, is currently available on DVD courtesy of MVM Entertainment, who will also be releasing the series on blu-ray next year.

Source

There's something about this franchise which I really just don't understand - like why it's so popular. I'd be interested in seeing it just to see what all the fuss is about. Out of interest, how many people here are going to MCMLA?

Mangaranga said:
There's something about this franchise which I really just don't understand - like why it's so popular. I'd be interested in seeing it just to see what all the fuss is about.

Well it's popular mainly because of the girls.

For example there's Maki, who's been voted as the best waifu of the group from dozens of people.

And then there's Nico Nico Ni girl, Nico. Her first appearances are pretty hilarious.

u2_XWaat.png

Of course the other girls are great for many reasons, but pretty much everyone loves the girls (and the songs because they are pretty good).

Last edited by a moderator:
Same reasons as one would like anything - the characters and the character interactions. Songs are good too.

And to answer the question, I booked my ticket to MCM loves Anime today. Zero interest in Gundam but I'll go to see Love Live (and the timing for that couldn't be better). I wonder if any of the others will be of enough interest for me to watch them (as this would mean either having to drag myself over there in the middle of the day or getting back home really really late.
I haven't watched anything at a cinema for about a decade, incidentally...

NormanicGrav said:
For example there's Maki, who's been voted as the best waifu of the group from dozens of people.
Yeah, I haven't even seen the show, but posts on the net as well as screenshots from that mobile game I can definitely tell she's best gril ;D

I'd be interested in going to MCMLA but the main problem I have is that I'm only going MCM on Saturday so far, and I feel like the people I'm going with either don't want to/can't shell out for another ticket and/or it wouldn't be their thing. Sucks for me I suppose :(

Love Live has insane appeal, beyond anything I'd imagined.

Examples being: My Bf (who's 26) loves the franchise & keeps pestering me to watch it & I've caught him several times listening to the OP's ;) ..then we've got two of his cousins, who upon meeting found out we watched Anime too and the first three shows they mentioned? Attack On Titan, Tokyo Ghoul & Love Live! They're 12 years old and they loved it (one in particular, in broken but very good English for his age he mentioned how he liked Maki the best) & they didn't care that it was an Idol show, they just loved it.

I've not seen the show yet but from what I gather, the music is catchy, the girls are cute and written so they appeal to both sexes and different demographics and it aired at the right time.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Yeah, I haven't even seen the show, but posts on the net as well as screenshots from that mobile game I can definitely tell she's best gril ;D

I'd be interested in going to MCMLA but the main problem I have is that I'm only going MCM on Saturday so far, and I feel like the people I'm going with either don't want to/can't shell out for another ticket and/or it wouldn't be their thing. Sucks for me I suppose :(
Maki is definitely best girl. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Back